Selmon email to fans

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Earlier this week, we announced a shift in leadership of our football program at Mississippi State. As a valued Bulldog Club member, I wanted to connect with you directly. As the responsible leader of our athletics department, it is important that I constantly evaluate the health of our programs and when necessary, it is my responsibility to correct areas where we are falling short of our expectation, which is what led to this decision announced Monday. We have begun a national search for our next head football coach. We will be diligent, we will be thoughtful and we will act swiftly.

I said it earlier this week in a press conference, but I want to reiterate it to you - I have the utmost respect for Zach Arnett and am incredibly appreciative of the effort he put forth in leading our football program, taking over during an unprecedented and challenging situation last December. He provided the football program much needed leadership and stability during a tragic time. There is no question that he has made a positive impact on the lives of our student-athletes during his time here. We are grateful for his contributions to Mississippi State and wish him the very best both personally and professionally.

Since we arrived here in January, we have felt the overwhelming support from our Bulldog Club members, fans, letterwinners and the greater Mississippi State community. Your passion, your resources, and your Bulldog mentality, continue to be the driving force behind the life-changing opportunities we provide, and we are so thankful for you. We have had many of you reach out and ask how you can help Mississippi State during this time. We appreciate that more than you know. The reality is that we need our stakeholders to, once again, join us in this pursuit. It will be vital to our success. We’ve included ways in which you can make an impact below, and we will continue to share additional ways throughout the coming days. We cannot thank you enough for your generosity and your continued support.

I firmly believe there’s no better time to be a Mississippi State Bulldog. We will continue to relentlessly pursue ways in which we can provide a world-class student-athlete experience, which includes success in the classroom, in competition, their mental health and well-being, their NIL opportunities, acquiring top-tier coaches and staff, and the list goes on and on.

Thank you for joining us in this pursuit and in this important work.

Hail State!

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Earlier this week, we announced a shift in leadership of our football program at Mississippi State. As a valued Bulldog Club member, I wanted to connect with you directly. As the responsible leader of our athletics department, it is important that I constantly evaluate the health of our programs and when necessary, it is my responsibility to correct areas where we are falling short of our expectation, which is what led to this decision announced Monday. We have begun a national search for our next head football coach. We will be diligent, we will be thoughtful and we will act swiftly.

I said it earlier this week in a press conference, but I want to reiterate it to you - I have the utmost respect for Zach Arnett and am incredibly appreciative of the effort he put forth in leading our football program, taking over during an unprecedented and challenging situation last December. He provided the football program much needed leadership and stability during a tragic time. There is no question that he has made a positive impact on the lives of our student-athletes during his time here. We are grateful for his contributions to Mississippi State and wish him the very best both personally and professionally.

Since we arrived here in January, we have felt the overwhelming support from our Bulldog Club members, fans, letterwinners and the greater Mississippi State community. Your passion, your resources, and your Bulldog mentality, continue to be the driving force behind the life-changing opportunities we provide, and we are so thankful for you. We have had many of you reach out and ask how you can help Mississippi State during this time. We appreciate that more than you know. The reality is that we need our stakeholders to, once again, join us in this pursuit. It will be vital to our success. We’ve included ways in which you can make an impact below, and we will continue to share additional ways throughout the coming days. We cannot thank you enough for your generosity and your continued support.

I firmly believe there’s no better time to be a Mississippi State Bulldog. We will continue to relentlessly pursue ways in which we can provide a world-class student-athlete experience, which includes success in the classroom, in competition, their mental health and well-being, their NIL opportunities, acquiring top-tier coaches and staff, and the list goes on and on.

Hail State!
If I didn’t get this, does it mean I’m not a fan?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
With just a few word changes in the first paragraph and deleting the 2nd paragraph, if he had come out with this about a month ago I think the temperature of the average fan would be MUCH lower and fan apathy wouldn't be as high as it is now. It's exactly what people have been asking for, just too late to calm the crowd.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Hail State!
Noticed he did not cite SPS.***

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
If I didn’t get this, does it mean I’m not a fan?

Big Sheep81

Feb 24, 2008

Hail State!
I appreciate the note and hope he hits a home run.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Long time season ticket holder/BC member, i don't think i got it, but may have deleted it unintentionally. I don't pay much attention to non work emails.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Dear Zac, Based on two of our last three football HC hires being spectacular flops, you can probably detect a bit of hesitancy on the part of State folks to invest in another pig-in-a-poke. Might want to make a good hire and think about a do over on this letter. .Just a thought.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Long time season ticket holder/BC member, i don't think i got it, but may have deleted it unintentionally. I don't pay much attention to non work emails.
Mine came at 12:30 to the account I use for buying tickets and logging in to Bulldog Club (Dog Tag account)

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Shot at Lane/Ole Miss or nah?

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
He writes emails! Good to know. Nice mental health plug in there as well.*

Now time for designated safe spaces where our future coach and players can disclose their concerns without fear of judgement or competition.*

How about saying, we’re going to hire the best coach possible to get our program back to where it should be?

Last edited:
Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I understand sending it to the bulldog club members, but he should’ve sent some kind of statement for the regular fans out there. It’s a good step in the right direction, though opening up a lot of communication between the athletic Director and the supporters of Mississippi State.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
**** - I just reread mine. It’s made out to my son who’s in the junior Bulldog club.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I got one, didn’t read it when I got the email, only read what DS posted far enough to realize it wasn’t DS. Blah, blah,blah. Show me something.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login