Selmon handled the baseball fiasco perfectly from a PR perspective...

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Yep. Some of the MSU idiots that claim him incompetent,need to get off his back. The dude stepped up and plead his case for a damn intramural sport that nobody outside of the 1,000 people watching on SECN cared about.

Now let's allow him to turn his attention back to football and NIL where it really matters.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree on 1st part. Not sure what else Jans could do on the second. I'm sure he thought he had the job before he got blindsided by the Calipari news.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He was very strong in his wording and said we aren't taking that ****. The opposite of how Jans is handling his interest in other jobs.
I am pleased. I wish that they would "no contest" the game on Saturday. Bad decisions by officials impacted the game. A lot of those decisions were reversed. Too me, they should acknowledge and wipe that game off the record for both teams

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The dude stepped up and plead his case for a damn intramural sport that nobody outside of the 1,000 people watching on SECN cared about.
and the 13,477 that were in attendance at The Dude. Which by the way is 4,096 more than the largest attendance at any game in the newly remodeled Hump this past season. Sounds like a lot fewer people care about basketball than baseball to me. You need to come up w/ a reason people don't go to basketball games before you try to crap on the people that DO go to baseball.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
and the 13,477 that were in attendance at The Dude. Which by the way is 4,096 more than the largest attendance at any game in the newly remodeled Hump this past season. Sounds like a lot fewer people care about basketball to me. You need to come up w/ a reason people don't go to basketball games before you try to crap on the people that DO go to baseball.
Peeper to the baseball rescue!

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
He did a good job, except the part where he didn't mention openly interviewing for both men's basketball and baseball coaching positions

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Selmon is the man! We've had such weak ADs who let us get railroaded on minor stuff without putting up a fight. Simpleton even voted to ban cowbells. How do we have a building named after him?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Dan Jans is being offered $4M/yr on his extension.

If he leaves go get a coach who you’ll pay $2M/yr and put the other $2M to NIL. Then you’ll actually win a game in the tournament.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
and the 13,477 that were in attendance at The Dude. Which by the way is 4,096 more than the largest attendance at any game in the newly remodeled Hump this past season. Sounds like a lot fewer people care about basketball to me. You need to come up w/ a reason people don't go to basketball games before you try to crap on the people that DO go to baseball.
Basketball makes Money. Baseball doesn’t or barely makes a profit. Football pays for Everything.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Selmon is the man! We've had such weak ADs who let us get railroaded on minor stuff without putting up a fight. Simpleton even voted to ban cowbells. How do we have a building named after him?
Was at the baseball game and saw I assume his wife with an all access badge. So I asked my friend why do we allow them to constantly hang around...he couldn't give me an answer

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Basketball makes Money. Baseball doesn’t or barely makes a profit. Football pays for Everything.
Where did I even mention money, Rocky brought up attendance and tv watching, NOTHING about money that was you. You forget that the same people that go to baseball games also go to basketball and football games, do you think we are 1 sport fans? Between my dad and I we have been buying football season tickets for over 40 years and I seldom even go but still buy the tickets and make sure somebody gets them every weekend. If we enjoy the baseball and you dump on it, do you keep us fans interested in football too, or basketball too (not that it seems many people care about basketball anyway me included) ? Why wouldn't you want fans on campus for every possible event you can get them there for? Good luck to you getting rid of all the sports on campus but football, and marginally profitable baseball, let us know how that turns out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Longevity, you are talking about an institution that promotes based on seniority.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I’ve grown weary of this hate for anything except football. I’ve been following M over S baseball for 40yrs. Yes I have season tickets for football and don’t for baseball. We all know that football totes the water for everything sports wise believe me we have had that beaten into our brains by some here. Why can’t some accept that thousands of fans enjoy college baseball. Do these that hate baseball so dead gum much truly want to just put very little resources into the baseball program? So that all resources go just to football. Why not put zero resources into women‘s softball, women‘s basketball, men’s tennis, men’s track. Why is the hate so strong for baseball?

So the haters of all except football will know that two teams of cheerleaders will leave this week to compete for the college cheerleading championship to represent your/our university. My granddaughter being one of them. Believe me they are using very little resources.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
and the 13,477 that were in attendance at The Dude. Which by the way is 4,096 more than the largest attendance at any game in the newly remodeled Hump this past season. Sounds like a lot fewer people care about basketball than baseball to me. You need to come up w/ a reason people don't go to basketball games before you try to crap on the people that DO go to baseball.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Could your logic possibly grasp The Hump’s max capacity is 9500? I’m hoping there was sarcasm to your reply. Basketball has been in the post season the last two years under Jans, while baseball can’t even make the SEC tournament. If Jans or whatever coach eventually takes the reins continues momentum, The Hump will fill up, while making money vs draining it. I hope both continue to win and grow the fan base.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Could your logic possibly grasp The Hump’s max capacity is 9500? I’m hoping there was sarcasm to your reply. Basketball has been in the post season the last two years under Jans, while baseball can’t even make the SEC tournament. If Jans or whatever coach eventually takes the reins continues momentum, The Hump will fill up, while making money vs draining it. I hope both continue to win and grow the fan base.
And the largest reported attendance was 9,381 against Ole Miss which is less than capacity, and it's no secret The Hump is usually far from full. What's your point?
"Can you grasp" that baseball won the ONLY Natty ever at MSU 2 seasons ago after having also making 11 previous appearances there? Basketball sniffed a visit to a Natty 28 seasons ago, and what before or since, 28 freaking seasons? Draining money? Lots of posts on this forum about not seeing our money's worth on this new Hump and it's still not filling up. Making payments on a baseball facility that pre-sold out 100% for 10 years in advance every chairback available, 88 outfield boxes, 8 out of 12 Lofts plus revenue from Dugout Club, Rooftop, etc is the only reason there's not a profit , otherwise even with a terrible team the past 2 seasons its far more popular than basketball. Again, I didn't start this conversation to be able dollars, Rocky made a statement about only 1000 people watching on TV and I started in on attendance and proved otherwise, noting more nothing less.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login