Selmon on Out of Bounds...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Copied this from premium board...

For those that have been wanting us to publicly discuss our plans and commitment to certain financial benchmarks that other schools have said in the media, he told Bo on his show "talking about revenue sharing for us next year, upwards of $20M, so if you want to be competitive, we're fully aware and we're fully committed to doing that". So there's your figure. Put out into the public from the man himself.

On DWS enhancements: "Such an electric environment", "our team has been working diligently on 'what are the things we can provide that enhance the fan experience', things like the Hail State Tailgate and expanded concert options there", "we've looked at everything from a lighting and sound perspective, when you look at DWS and how beautiful and historic it is, historic adds a lot of challenges that maybe some people aren't aware of (talking to us lol), we're trying to be as expeditious as possible with some of these enhancements but there's a lot of things that go into it", "this year we're looking at some really cool temporary solutions that we can do, and really focus on our student section ( 🔥 )", not word for word what he said here but he added "these lighting and sound options, we're not talking hundreds of dollars, these things cost millions of dollars so we have to be smart and spend judiciously (in regard to revenue sharing coming up)".

Reactions: Darryl Steight

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
The athletic department isn’t going to say this, but I’d be really interested in understanding how demand changes per win for us. That’s really a key question when we’re thinking about where to allocate our spend, and it ties into the sound/light enhancements. The enhancements might not drive up what we can charge for ticket prices for a 3 win team, but it might make a big difference in pricing for a 6-7 win team.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I wonder when he was gonna tell people it's gonna cost a lot more money than usual than it used tto put a winning team on the field. Some of what I heard is why I haven't said that much about the job he's done so far. I'm still waiting to see how much effect he has on the entire program since he got here.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
my translation... cliff notes..... we have a old stadium. It will take millions to have led lights. Revnue sharing is coming up. So more money has to be allocated to the athletes. So led lights will have to wait.

which for the record, I couldn't care less about LEDs.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The leadership prior to Selmon put us here. A lot could've been done but wasn't. We're getting the lighting and sound upgrades, just not this year except on a lesser scale.

Reactions: Bulldawg77

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Lack of money put us here. And there is nothing boy wonder can do about it.
Some of yall are just never going to be pleased. At what point do you give up the bitching and moaning and just jump onto the bandwagon of an insta-winner?

“Boy wonder” played Power 5 football and seems to have his head on his damn shoulders. Some of us had to put up with LT for our entire college careers. An over the hill ******* who would literally pace the sidelines of the Hump and glare at the student section with his beet red face when we tried to have any fun and do something that HE didn’t approve of. F THAT GUY. We are damn lucky to have somebody like Selmon. So you guys that constantly ***** about him should probably just F off

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
my translation... cliff notes..... we have a old stadium. It will take millions to have led lights. Revnue sharing is coming up. So more money has to be allocated to the athletes. So led lights will have to wait.

It's all about to break. Unless some millionaire steps up. At the rate of inflation and how much it cost to go to games and the amount asked to donate to bulldog club and initiative. With the transfer portal as well, my give a damn is starting to get to not give a 17. So much apathy set in last year I found other things to watch and do. Too expensive to go to games and too expensive with everything else to donate to nil and bulldog club just for a player to leave. So I just expect to suck now. And if we do, oh well. I really hate where college sports is now anyway. Pro game is more talented and usually a better product until nfl no fun rule gets involved. Just my Wednesday rant that the Supreme Court royally 17ed college football that we knew.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's all about to break. Unless some millionaire steps up. At the rate of inflation and how much it cost to go to games and the amount asked to donate to bulldog club and initiative. With the transfer portal as well, my give a damn is starting to get to not give a 17. So much apathy set in last year I found other things to watch and do. Too expensive to go to games and too expensive with everything else to donate to nil and bulldog club just for a player to leave. So I just expect to suck now. And if we do, oh well. I really hate where college sports is now anyway. Pro game is more talented and usually a better product until nfl no fun rule gets involved. Just my Wednesday rant that the Supreme Court royally 17ed college football that we knew.
We've lost two players. And one of those is in jail now.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

IDNGAS about LED lights because I can get sensory overload headaches thanks to being on the spectrum.

I might actually donate money if MSU announces they won’t have LED lighting and I’ll be more likely to attend games.

I ain’t rich though so it won’t be much money.

Reactions: 85Bears

Rezdog

Oct 25, 2015

If we had a Target, they could probably just grab some LED bulbs from there.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Some of yall are just never going to be pleased. At what point do you give up the bitching and moaning and just jump onto the bandwagon of an insta-winner?

“Boy wonder” played Power 5 football and seems
Trust me. I'm out as soon as my kid is. And you'll have 20k in that stadium sitting on their hands.

I've been watching this for 40 years. And it isn't getting better for MSU

• Sad
Reactions: Dawg84 and 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Trust me. I'm out as soon as my kid is. And you'll have 20k in that stadium sitting on their hands.

Agree that the trend isn’t a good one. Personalities of staff aside, it’s all about money, access to big funds and NIL. if you are the smallest and least financially able, you are going to be at the bottom of the league. this current system, even if you find a diamond in the rough, develop him , he’s gone after a year or two to a bigger, richer school.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Goodbye GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login