Selmon Press Conference

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Key takeaways:

"There will be a lot of rumors and discussions throughout this process. I urge you to not believe anything unless you hear it from me."

"The next time I speak on this publicly will be to introduce our new head coach."

That's how a coaching search is supposed to be conducted...

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Key takeaways:

"There will be a lot of rumors and discussions throughout this process. I urge you to not believe anything unless you hear it from me."

"The next time I speak on this publicly will be to introduce our new head coach."

FACT: I have never confirmed that I am not Zac Selmon

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Key takeaways:

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

that’s the way I expect the athletic Director to talk.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Key takeaways:

That's the way a real athletic director does business.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Another key take-away: The athletic department is horrible getting information out. I couldn't find the news conference anywhere until after it was over. Why not put a link to it on the athletic department website, YouTube channel or Facebook page? Come on athletic department... Communication obviously isn't your strong point. I hope finding a good head football coach is.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Today's announcement makes me feel a lot better about Selmon's decisiveness and willingness to let a coach go when it's time. I have no doubt that Selmon has made it clear to Lemonis that he's on the clock and better get things turned around or he'll suffer a similar fate.
Salmon has trimmed some fat in the athletic department, and I'm hearing more fat trimming is coming. The type of fat that collects a nice check for little results. Much like Byrne he just operates quietly.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Today's announcement makes me feel a lot better about Selmon's decisiveness and willingness to let a coach go when it's time. I have no doubt that Selmon has made it clear to Lemonis that he's on the clock and better get things turned around or he'll suffer a similar fate.
After that press conference today, you can bet that Lemonis couldn't get a greased B.B. outta his a$$ right now if he had to.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Key takeaways:

He's going to learn quickly the Sixpack scoops first.

• Haha
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Key takeaways:

"IMPP might break it first anyway. I can't control the strippers."

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Key takeaways:

This is what leadership looks like, despite all the bashing on SPS about him not flapping his trap non-stop.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
If he is intent on playing this close to the vest, someone needs to tell him to keep his mouth shut when he's in an Uber.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login