Sesh, HD, other NBA fans....

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
Houston up by 15 against the Lakers, McGrady has 0 points in first half.

F the Lakers!!!!! (I don't like the Rockets, but its impressive to win 21 games in a row in any pro sport and I absolutely loathe the Lakers)

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
I'm not an NBA fan, but I am a Laker hater! And watching a 21 game streak in any pro sport other than soccer is kinda fun.

Plus, it beats watching Illinois/Wisconsin.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
the Rockets are white hot, and are a great story. If any of the other top teams in either conference rolled off 21 straight, we'd never hear the end of it. As it stands now, you can still say they are the 3rd best team in the West, maybe 2nd after today.

The NBA Western Conference is a great sports story. Some team is going to finish 15 games over .500 and miss the playoffs.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
<font size="7"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Century Boulevard (We love it)</span></font>

<font size="7"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Victory Boulevard (We love it)

</span> <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Santa Monica Boulevard (We love it)</span></font>

<font size="7"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Sixth Street (We love it, we love it)

We love LA!!!!!
</span></font>

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
first off, I appreciate the fact you remember a post I made in 2004 well enough to satire it today. Well played.

That being said, 13 world championships to zero. The regular season remains a means to an end.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
if you weren't talking to a lifelong Celtics fan.

My hatred of the Lakers is wrapped in 3 things: Green, white, and 16 championships.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
I was an avid NBA fan until the 90s, when much like Tiger is doing with the PGA tour, Michal Jordan ruined the NBA.

I still don't really watch it or care about it, but I'll watch the playoffs for sure, just hoping for a Celtics/Lakers final.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
he also think Tiger Woods ruined golf. I guess he also thinks that Apollo ruined moon landings, God ruined universe-creating, and dawgstudent ruined internet message board posting.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
who thinks Tiger Woods has ruined golf. You can think otherwise, that's your prerogative. If you enjoy the current PGA tour, more power to you, I personally don't find it enjoyable knowing who will win before the event even starts. Same thing with the Michael Jordan era in the NBA, if you weren't in Chicago you began to hate the NBA more and more as time went on.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Vijay Singh and Phil Mickelson?

Tiger's dominance forces other players to raise their game. It makes the game better.

I find that comment about "knowing who wins" to be pretty funny, since your guy, Jack Nicklaus, and Arnie Palmer dominated golf as well. Was it not fun to watch then either?

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
Jack Nicklaus had other great players to at least consistently compete. When he was winning he was battling Palmer early in his career and Watson/Trevino/Floyd etc. later. Tiger Woods is battling these no names every week and you know who is going to win. It's like me and you having a debate, you might be able to keep up with me until the 16th or 17th hole, but in the end, I am going to sink the winning putt every time.

Again, if you love the PGA tour right now, more power to you. I used to watch every major, I haven't watched one in 3 years it's not even enjoyable. Even when someone else is winning they show tiger more than the winner.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
There is so much more talent on the tour right now when Nicklaus and Palmer played. Woods has made the game more popular than it's ever been - whether you watch or not. Would Tiger carrying a handicap help peak your interest?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
well then it should be "kinda fun" to watch Tiger right now since he hasn't lost a tournament for a while. tiger averages around 18 tournaments a year and he has won six in a row. just sayin.</p>

</p>

Stuttgart

Apr 15, 2007
of Tiger Woods. Everyone knows he is the best player out there - heads and shoulders above the rest.

However, much like when Michael Jordan was in his prime in the NBA, you can't watch any golf broadcast these days without hearing how f'n great Tiger is from the announcers. It's like a 3 hour blowjob contest to see who can say the most flattering thing about Tiger between Johnny Miller, Nick Faldo, Jim Nance, Gary McCord, etc., etc.,

The bottom line is I don't need to be told how f'n great he is every 10 seconds. Especially in a tournament when he's not even anywhere near the lead. At the end of today's tournament (which was an incredible way to win) we get comments from Johnny Miller like "oh, you just had to know that he was going to make that put and win this tournament!"

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
The media ruins watching great players perform because they feel the need to constantly harp on how great they are and ignore everything and everyone else.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login