Several Times Last Night

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The announcers stated Lebby was "building something." Did they believe that or just trying to be nice?

I'm inclined to believe it. There's been no quit in this team over the last two games. No team in the country has played a tougher schedule the last two weeks. Unfortunately another tough test next week (TAMU coming off an open date).

We get Ark at home and they will be coming off a game vs LSU, I'm calling a win.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Concur, I think Levee is figuring it out.

Going to have the improve the defensively mightily for next season, but I think we're a bowl team.

Last edited:
Reactions: vandaldawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Little of both. They always look for something positive to say about a terrible team. But, when UGA went up so easily 34-10 early in the 2nd half, I figured well that's it. My 52-10 prediction is looking pretty good. And I'm sure UGA players kind of took their foot off the gas a little. But State team fought like hell those last 28 minutes and gave UGA a lot more than they expected for sure. I saw some good things from our QB, receivers made some plays, and even the line and RBs got the running game going. If defense could have made a stop on that 1 drive in the 4th, that game could have gotten very interesting. Glad I decided not to turn the game off early in the 3rd.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So did we look well coached at times on Saturday? At least on offense? Or did it look like we had some good skill talent playing with heart after UGA lost focus? I did not get to watch for better or worse.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
He has to make changes on the defensive staff.
Talent is the issue not the staff at this point. When Lebby came in all you saw was him recruiting WR’s. You can change staff all you want, but until you make the talent on that side of the ball a priority, then it doesn’t matter who the defensive coordinator is.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The announcers stated Lebby was "building something." Did they believe that or just trying to be nice?

I'm inclined to believe it. There's been no quit in this team over the last two games. No team in the country has played a tougher schedule the last two weeks. Unfortunately another tough test next week (TAMU coming off an open date).

We get Ark at home and they will be coming off a game vs LSU, I'm calling a win.
That’s announcer speak for the team is bad, and we’re trying to say something positive for the fans watching the game.

Reactions: bulldoghair

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ve been as down on this team as anyone, but you don’t walk into Athens and stay within 10 of that team without there being at least a spark of something good happening.

We’ll see how the rest of the season goes, and I’m still expecting 2-10, but I feel like I’m gradually, and I mean VERY gradually starting to see some kinda path towards something. Between Lebby’s decisions about his staff and recruiting, this may be the most important offseason of his career. Somehow stealing a win against one of these remaining SEC teams before the end of the year would be huge for the fanbase

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I will say this. We scored 31 points on them. They will play better offenses and defenses going forwards. Our game probably gave hope to several other teams.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login