Severe Threat Thursday night into Fridaay

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
In addition to the severe threat for south MS today, another severe threat is looking possible Thursday night into Friday. Strong winds and tornadoes look to be main threats at this time. Write up on this and all other impactful weather available on our Facebook page.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
In addition to the severe threat for south MS today, another severe threat is looking possible Thursday night into Friday. Strong winds and tornadoes look to be main threats at this time. Write up on this and all other impactful weather available on our Facebook page.

Thanks, with that system moving through central MS on Thursday night, what direction will the wind be blowing in the Memphis area Thursday afternoon?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
They just cancelled school in the panhandle because of expected 60 mph gusts. I’m going to try and head to the beach to look at the waves. They are supposed to get to 15 ft.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Dang. It's already not looking great down there.
Yeah I just looked at it. There is normally twice as much distance between the dune and the water. That wind is really pushing that water already. They closed Pickens for the next two days.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Already reports of power outages and downed trees in north MS. Sturgis was covered in hail earlier. We do not recommend travel anywhere in the state tonight due to weather conditions unless necessary. If you do have to travel slow down to allow more time to react sudden obstructions in the road.

Reactions: wdawg44

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
They’ve either closed schools or pushed back start times down here in lower Alabama….enterprise/dothan area. They’ve said 50 mph gusts. Back in 07-08 ish, big storm ripped apart the high school. Hope it ain’t taking another shot.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Any update on Thursday/Friday? We are flying out of Jackson at 7:45 AM Friday for vacation.
Nothing has really changed. SPC has maintained a slight risk due to some unknowns on how some parameters are going to come together. If they come in favoring severe weather then I can almost guarantee the threat level will be increased. Timing, unfortunately, looks to be mid morning to early afternoon so that might screw around with your flight, but that is also too early to nail down at this time.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Since you took over for IMPP (and you're doing a great job by the way) little suggestion that you include a weather lady on your weather posts.

OldVideoGuy

Jun 25, 2021
Got a notice on my phone about Ice event for Sunday night into Monday for Tupelo. What are you seeing/thinking about this?

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
At least some of the dorms open back up Friday in Vegas if not all, my daughter was planning on driving up from the coast that day at some point. We're wondering now if she might have to wait until Saturday or not.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
just a reminder, @PooPopsBaldHead recommended tire cables for icy roads. Y’all might want to get a pair. I couldn’t find the thread where we discussed it about this time last year.
Throw a set or two of these bad boys in the garage and use em once every year or so if you live north of Starkville. Very cheap date. Wish someone had told me when I lived in the South... Trust me, I now spend more time driving on snow and ice than actual pavement.

Amazon Tire Cables

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
At least some of the dorms open back up Friday in Vegas if not all, my daughter was planning on driving up from the coast that day at some point. We're wondering now if she might have to wait until Saturday or not.
Current timing has MS in the clear by late morning, so unless she planned on leaving at 4:00am probably won't be too bad.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Got a notice on my phone about Ice event for Sunday night into Monday for Tupelo. What are you seeing/thinking about this?
There is a chance parts of north MS sees some snow and a little ice early next week, but as is any winter forecast for this part of the world, it's still way too early to hammer out any details. I will say that the models are starting to become pretty consistent for NW MS, NE, AR, and west TN to see some decent snow. My definition of decent is at least 3". (Not what she said). The rest of us will probably be measuring snow like the guy fished out of the Bass Pro aquarium.

• Haha
Reactions: dawgstudent

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
After having to line up a tree guy, an electrician, entergy, ATT, and a city inspector yesterday morning before i could even leave my driveway… I’m not looking forward to this at all.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login