Severe threat Tuesday

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I first mentioned this a few days ago as looking probable for today, but the system slowed down and now it will be Tuesday before we feel the affects from it. Main threats will be straight line winds and tornadoes...a few of which could be strong in the hatched area. Timing looks to be late morning into the evening hours. Main tornado threat will be from any discrete storms that form out ahead of the main line of storms.

33D3B0EE-41A4-446A-9A43-939D1397E73E.pngEF41DAF8-F2F9-4F4A-B9C2-19A54D2E380F.png

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Hopefully we will get passed this without harm. When, if any, will there be any severely cold weather for Mississippi?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Hopefully we will get passed this without harm. When, if any, will there be any severely cold weather for Mississippi?
Been seeing stuff put out by some Mets I follow on Twitter saying a pattern change looks to unfold second half of January that would allow cold air to return to the eastern half of the US. How much I don't know.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Confirmed tornado in Desoto and Marshall counties.

ETA: They just canceled the warning not long after they confirmed the Tornado on the ground.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Confirmed tornado in Desoto and Marshall counties.

ETA: They just canceled the warning not long after they confirmed the Tornado on the ground.
That was a quick little spin up. Looks like it went through olive branch just north of the hospital.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Woke up to a tornado warning. Channel 5 showed potential debris field on the radar over my house. Not sure if there’s any damage anywhere around me.
Looks like a similar path to the tornado that came through in January 2020.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Woke up to a tornado warning. Channel 5 showed potential debris field on the radar over my house. Not sure if there’s any damage anywhere around me.
Looks like a similar path to the tornado that came through in January 2020.
That one in 2020 hit my house directly.

There were actually two different tornado warnings for NE Desoto this morning. There was one area of rotation that was never confirmed on the ground that went through east Hernando, Cedar View, and over toward Byhalia (and about an easy nine iron south of my house). The second one was for a confirmed tornado on the ground that supposedly touched down near Center Hill High School around Polk and Goodman Rd (there was a small debris signature on the radar for a moment). The immediate concern was Fox Creek and Braybourne subdivisions, but I haven't heard any damage reports. Maybe it wasn't down long enough to get out of that little rural area there.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
That one in 2020 hit my house directly.

There were actually two different tornado warnings for NE Desoto this morning. There was one area of rotation that was never confirmed on the ground that went through east Hernando, Cedar View, and over toward Byhalia (and about an easy nine iron south of my house). The second one was for a confirmed tornado on the ground that supposedly touched down near Center Hill High School around Polk and Goodman Rd (there was a small debris signature on the radar for a moment). The immediate concern was Fox Creek and Braybourne subdivisions, but I haven't heard any damage reports. Maybe it wasn't down long enough to get out of that little rural area there.
I’m right around that area and haven’t seen any damage. The wife didn’t see anything on the way to work either. I guess it was a radar blip or it hit in some of the larger empty plots in between the subdivisions.

Reactions: Drebin

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
My buddy who helps in storm relief found part of the path. Said it hit on Polk south of the Amazon warehouse. Took out a bunch of trees and a barn.

Reactions: Drebin

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
My buddy who helps in storm relief found part of the path. Said it hit on Polk south of the Amazon warehouse. Took out a bunch of trees and a barn.
Just saw on Nextdoor that a lady in Whispering Pines says they had roof damage and trees uprooted. Same basic area your buddy was in.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
D7330A23-E76F-412D-8DFB-6DF91B0F7A2B.jpeg8C03D85A-3938-44D2-BCFB-02747D1F1640.jpeg
Last update from me. This was taken in whispering pines. Trees completely uprooted and tossed next to houses. A lot of fortunate people today.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login