SF Giants coach tirade - I thought this was from the Onion for a minute

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Hmm, I thought

The whites had clearly claimed “mother 17er” in the last years slur draft. Was there a trade?

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
My dad’s best friend is black, and I assure you, us whites do not own the word “mother17er.” We are amateurs at it when compared to my “uncle” Mike. When he gets angry about something, he weaves together a beautiful tapestry of “mother17ers” that would’ve made the great renaissance masters envious. As the great Bernie Mac once said, “the word motherf*cker is a noun. That means it describes a person, place, or thing.”

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think the word he's complaining about is the "control" word. But yeah, he's clearly taking it completely out of context and race-baiting.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
My dad’s best friend is black, and I assure you, us whites do not own the word “mother17er.” We are amateurs at it when compared to my “uncle” Mike. When he gets angry about something, he weaves together a beautiful tapestry of “mother17ers” that would’ve made the great renaissance masters envious. As the great Bernie Mac once said, “the word motherf*cker is a noun. That means it describes a person, place, or thing.”

Did “Uncle Mike” ever come over when your dad wasn’t home?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Regardless of making up, he made a ridiculous accusation that’s essentially the same as what that moron Smollett did in regards to intention. Now the other coach has been stained with a racist accusation.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
The biggest problem may be ESPN putting it on their front page like this is a big news leading story.

Otherwise hardly anybody would have any idea it ever happened.

Aug 28, 2018
I agree. There was 100% nothing racist about the comment. I'd be interested to know the actual perspective from everyone within earshot at that moment. Did they back up the dugout coach or did they all defend Schildt? For the dugout coach to get over it that fast, I can only think everyone around him told him he was being a m17r and to drop it.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Only to pick me up around 5 AM to go hunting when my dad wasn’t able to. Dorothy Mantooth was a saint, you sonofabitch.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
"I mean that's a pretty serious accusation to throw around with absolutely no merit behind it."

Since when does that matter? Have you not been paying attention to how that word is used for all sorts of things ("camping is racist" for instance). It doesn't help that Guvna Tate just recognized Confederate Heritage Month.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Isn't golfing one of the whitest sports, maybe next to curling which shouldn't be a sport to begin with? It's not like those country clubs reflect the diversity of America. What's the demograhic that studies turf grass? White male sons of pathologists? Asian Americans are getting called white adjacent by the geniuses in the social justice movement, btw, so they don't count.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
San Francisco, where baseball coaches see racism in every Mother 17er and are replaced by a woman.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Can’t wait for MStateglfr to weigh in on this

I buzzed the article waiting for the good stuff and missed it. Went back, read it fully, and left just as confused as everyone.

I thought of this after reading Richardson's reasoning.
View attachment 24280

Also, a hearty 'control yourself, mother17er' goes out to you for specifically mentioning me.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Isn't golfing one of the whitest sports, maybe next to curling which shouldn't be a sport to begin with? It's not like those country clubs reflect the diversity of America. What's the demograhic that studies turf grass? White male sons of pathologists? Asian Americans are getting called white adjacent by the geniuses in the social justice movement, btw, so they don't count.

I dont golf. I dont belong to a country club. I dont even know where to begin with the rest of this ****, its just too much.
Oh, I can agree with you on curling so look at us with our commonality!

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I didn't mention you by name and there's nothing wrong with golf regardless of who plays it. But, you don't know where to "begin" because "it's just too much?" Enjoy the day.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I didn't mention you by name and there's nothing wrong with golf regardless of who plays it. But, you don't know where to "begin" because "it's just too much?" Enjoy the day.

You didnt mention me by name, you just responded to a post that specifically calls me out and you went into detail about golf. This is dumb, dont try to be coy.
And yeah, the rest of your ramble was too much to even begin to unpack. It was just totally odd. You guess what demographic studies turf grass and then force in a comment about Asian Americans. Its all just so out there that I said its too much to address.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Enjoy the day, dude. And start educating yourself on social justice left's various projects and moral causes. Here's just one of many examples. (BTW, not sure if you heard about this, but men can menstruate now): https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/08/the-whitening-of-asian-americans/563336/

If you're wondering about this and think it makes no sense then do some reading and think about it a bit. It's all related. The racism charge the article addresses is absurd, but it's used because there are no longer any fixed categories or definitions and you're free to believe whatever you want. Words now mean whatever someone says they mean. Racism is no longer just about personal behavior but it involves the structure, operations, and outcomes of various institutions (critical race theory). Disparate impact is now racist (see the emphasis now placed on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion pretty much everywhere). Golf is really white thus... https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/7/22370057/golf-diversity-issues-history-pga-lpga-the-masters

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018
One summer while I was playing ball, we had a conversation with a local kid--a name many would recognize, black kid/drafted in MLB draft/etc..

We said, "What made you choose baseball over football?" He candidly responded, "because a baseball is the only white thing a black man can hit without getting arrested for it."

Us: "What about golf? Tiger Woods plays golf"
Him: "Tiger aint black"

Us: "Touche"

and to clarify, by "Us" I mean the rest of the guys playing ball there that week that included black, white, hispanic.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
One summer while I was playing ball, we had a conversation with a local kid--a name many would recognize, black kid/drafted in MLB draft/etc..

We said, "What made you choose baseball over football?" He candidly responded, "because a baseball is the only white thing a black man can hit without getting arrested for it."

Us: "What about golf? Tiger Woods plays golf"
Him: "Tiger aint black"

Us: "Touche"

and to clarify, by "Us" I mean the rest of the guys playing ball there that week that included black, white, hispanic.

Wait, I thought Tiger was taken in Dave Chappelle’s racial draft?

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
Give me a break if Mother17er is racist, then as much as I have used the word then I might be grand emperor of the KKK, David Duke's son, and Calvin Candy from Django all wrapped into one.

Aug 22, 2012
The whites had clearly claimed “mother 17er” in the last years slur draft. Was there a trade?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Enjoy the day, dude. And start educating yourself on social justice left's various projects and moral causes. Here's just one of many examples. (BTW, not sure if you heard about this, but men can menstruate now): https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/08/the-whitening-of-asian-americans/563336/

If you're wondering about this and think it makes no sense then do some reading and think about it a bit. It's all related. The racism charge the article addresses is absurd, but it's used because there are no longer any fixed categories or definitions and you're free to believe whatever you want. Words now mean whatever someone says they mean. Racism is no longer just about personal behavior but it involves the structure, operations, and outcomes of various institutions (critical race theory). Disparate impact is now racist (see the emphasis now placed on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion pretty much everywhere). Golf is really white thus... https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/7/22370057/golf-diversity-issues-history-pga-lpga-the-masters

- Based on the context within the article, the claim of a racist remark was dumb and baseless. Thats my clearly stated opinion.
- You brought up the whiteness in golf and lack of diversity in country clubs in response to a poster sarcastically posting that they want to see my opinion on the racism. If you werent talking about me, with 'golfer' in my name, why did you go off on that rant? If it really isnt tied to me in any way, it is even more random and forced than I initially figured. Are you really saying you just decided to rant about golf, country clubs, and Asian identity in a thread about a black MLB coach misinterpreting a comment during a game? That is such an odd thread hijack, if that really is what you are claiming.

Also, why do I need to educate myself on menstruating men?

Its like you saw a thread about something even slightly related to topics you are currently outraged about and decided its a perfect place to dump your frustrations.

BeardoMSU

Jul 9, 2013

Tapestries, you say?

I present, the Sistine Chapel...

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Nailed it. I'm so frustrated and outraged in a frustrated and outraged way. That's why I wrote "enjoy the day" twice. I don't know what your views are but others imply you're one of the resident SJW's. Signing off: frustrated and outraged. BTW, enjoy the day. Really, have a good day. Tomorrow too. Don't get frustrated and outraged like you know who.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login