Shad White, state auditor, strikes again for a few bucks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I've met Shad on a few occasions. I think he's a good guy who generally wants to do the right thing. He's also a very smart guy. Way too smart to take on the Republican establishment in Mississippi.
Apparently he wasn't, but he sure the 17 is now.

Reactions: patdog

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I've met Shad on a few occasions. I think he's a good guy who generally wants to do the right thing. He's also a very smart guy. Way too smart to take on the Republican establishment in Mississippi.
And he’s part of the establishment. Very close with Phil. Agree that he wants to do the right thing based on the times I’ve been around him (maybe a dozen?) but it’s hard when you’re having to play by the rules of the system. You’re right that there’s no way he takes it on. He’d frankly be someone easier to root for if he’d been born in a different state.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Why is he named after bait fish? Just too hard to take seriously. Right Cooter?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The MS Auditor still has investigative power? That's pretty cool.

About a year ago, my state's legislature and Gov decided to further restrict the state Auditor's ability to investigate.
It's apparently what happens when you make the Gov return tens of millions in mis-spent funds.

Fun fact, Shad White created a plan to improve government efficiency that was created by my state's auditor.
...not sure how much either plan has been accepted and implemented.

Reactions: patdog

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
The MS Auditor still has investigative power? That's pretty cool.

About a year ago, my state's legislature and Gov decided to further restrict the state Auditor's ability to investigate.
It's apparently what happens when you make the Gov return tens of millions in mis-spent funds.

Fun fact, Shad White created a plan to improve government efficiency that was created by my state's auditor.
...not sure how much either plan has been accepted and implemented.
He created something that was already created?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I'm not lawyer but we have pretty clear evidence of conspiracy to commit fraud. That'd be a start.
He turned everything over to the Feds for the Farve - Bryant deal. It was Federal Welfare funds that were misused.IMG_7005.jpeg

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I'm not lawyer but we have pretty clear evidence of conspiracy to commit fraud. That'd be a start.
We really don’t. I’m not a farve fan but 98% of the population thinks the reason government exists is to ask it for money. He likely didn’t make any representations on any grant application regarding how the money would be spent and whether it complied with the rules and regs applicable to the grant. If he did I haven’t seen that info made public.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
He is from Sandersville, I’m surprised he can even read, much less go on to become a Rhode’s Scholar. He went to the local public school there. He’s definitely someone you root for, but at the end of the day there’s only so much he can do by himself. The Uniparty is too big and powerful to tamper with too much. He wouldn’t stay in politics if he crossed that line too far. With all that said, again, definitely one of the good guys in politics, or about as good as it gets in that realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login