Shak is in the portal

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Well as soon as you enter the portal the school (us, Mississippi State) does not owe him anything anymore. He gets his school, etc.. but none of the extras. So for sure could remove him from the team room, practice gym, weight room, meal room, etc all that

Reactions: The Peeper

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Well as soon as you enter the portal the school (us, Mississippi State) does not owe him anything anymore. He gets his school, etc.. but none of the extras. So for sure could remove him from the team room, practice gym, weight room, meal room, etc all that
I seem to remember Dillon Johnson was hanging around the team last Spring while waiting for UW to start a new term. I also think they were hoping he would come back to the team.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He could still end up returning but it makes sense for him. We are actively trying to recruit over him so he has every right to explore his options too.
It "makes sense for" us too, he's a Sr w/ 1 grad year left, why wouldn't we be "actively trying to recruit" a replacement? This time next year he's gone for good, why wait until then to train a replacement especially if he doesn't want to be here?

If you don't want to be here, be gone and don't say you may want to come back. Makes more sense for Jans to go out find a younger guy averaging less than 8 points a game

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It "makes sense for" us too, he's a Sr w/ 1 grad year left, why wouldn't we be "actively trying to recruit" a replacement? This time next year he's gone for good, why wait until then to train a replacement especially if he doesn't want to be here?

If you don't want to be here, be gone and don't say you may want to come back. Makes more sense for Jans to go out find a younger guy averaging less than 8 points a game
Right, I wasn’t questioning our decision to pursue other options. We kinda already have with the Penn State transfer.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Right, I wasn’t questioning our decision to pursue other options. We kinda already have with the Penn State transfer.
Yea, we basically already de facto replaced him. We have 3 guards that are on the shorter side, although I think Shak is the tallest of them. I'm sure Jans would love for him to come back. His playing time may go down but even if we have a great portal haul and keep who we want, I would expect he's going to be at worst our 9th best player and it doesn't take much bad luck for you to need your 9th best player to play significant minutes. And I think playing all three of them at the same time could be effective on the offensive end although I'm not sure how often it will be enough to offset the challenges on defense.

But can't blame him for wanting to see if there is a better place for him without two other players that are pretty similar to him with better scoring ability.

Reactions: AlCoDog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I like Shak - he is often hot/cold and I hope he finds a way to stay hot, because when his is on his game, its something to see.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login