Shak Moore - hurt?

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I know he was largely ineffective tonight, but was surprised to not see him play down the stretch. Did he get hurt?

We really have a vulnerability with Davis, Reed, and Moore. Having Molinar would help this team tremendously.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I saw him w a back brace during a late timeout but he was in for our last offensive possession

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Jans said post game it was a coach’s decision to not have him in. These last 3 games teams have recognized he is what makes our offense go and have done a good job of making him ineffective

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Jans said post game it was a coach’s decision to not have him in. These last 3 games teams have recognized he is what makes our offense go and have done a good job of making him ineffective
He's also lost playing time in close/late situations due to his limitations on the defensive end of the floor.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
He's also lost playing time in close/late situations due to his limitations on the defensive end of the floor.
This. When Jans has the opportunity through timeouts to switch him out for defense late in games you see him on the bench.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
He is up for Defensive Player of the Year, according to SEC Network last night during the matchup highlights. He is world's better than Reed Jr. at defense anyway.

Reactions: onewoof

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He is up for Defensive Player of the Year, according to SEC Network last night during the matchup highlights. He is world's better than Reed Jr. at defense anyway.
Jans disagrees with you. He flat out said Reed was playing in OT against Ole Miss because he was better defensively.

Reactions: BonzoGoesToCollege

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I'd say being on the bench makes him pretty ineffective.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I know he was largely ineffective tonight, but was surprised to not see him play down the stretch. Did he get hurt?

We really have a vulnerability with Davis, Reed, and Moore. Having Molinar would help this team tremendously.
Having Molinar this year would’ve probably helped Molinar too

Reactions: Darryl Steight

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Jans disagrees with you. He flat out said Reed was playing in OT against Ole Miss because he was better defensively.
I like Reed and his rebounding and D, but when I looked at the box score from the Missouri game, he attempted the most shots (3 of 13).

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Reed has 6 turnovers in 538 minutes played. Moore has 50 turnovers in 643 minutes played. Granted Moore more involved in the offense when he plays. I think that this may also be in the back of mind of the coaching staff. Moore is a great defender in the open court but at the end of the game in half court sets teams can post him up especially they way MSU switches on screens. Reed can defend just about any position.

I am not convinced Molinar was that interested in playing hard nosed D or sharing the basketball - the fact that he in not here playing says it all.

Anderson Garcia seems to be playing well with TAM. Not the scorer we need but another interesting player.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Reed is for sure the better on ball defender in half court sets. The last possession of regulation in our last two games prove that very point. Shak’s defensive prowess is more geared toward creating turnovers in the open flow of the game.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Reed has 6 turnovers in 538 minutes played. Moore has 50 turnovers in 643 minutes played. Granted Moore more involved in the offense when he plays.
Your last sentence says it all. Comparing their turnovers is pointless due to their court responsibilities.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login