Shawn Jones better have a scholarship next year

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Well, he’s a douche, but I think poor timing has something to do with it as well. Nobody is happy right now.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Bravo. Now you’re lecturing an entire institution on who shouldn’t pay for stuff.
17 off.

But I’m glad to see you are full on capitalism now!

Do either of you disagree and think he should continue to be a walk on next season?

As for T town's response- that's 17ing hilarious. Posters constantly talk about scholarships, and not a peep from you. Weak.

Reactions: MSUGUY

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Well, he’s a douche, but I think poor timing has something to do with it as well. Nobody is happy right now.
Poor timing? I posted it when we were winning. You are just reading it later. My bad for not timing it to when you and others would read it.***

• Haha
Reactions: MSUGUY

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Do either of you disagree and think he should continue to be a walk on next season?

As for T town's response- that's 17ing hilarious. Posters constantly talk about scholarships, and not a peep from you. Weak.
It was the way you worded your post, and yes, it was low hanging fruit. I'll do better. But at this point, i think we all know the value of a routine layup.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I think I learned in this thread that golfer can’t post anything without people getting pissed.
Actually, I have agreed with him on a couple things recently, I just choose not to bore the pack with a dissertation about it. Glfr's posts also seem to be getting more condensed and less rambling, which is a plus.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Is it Golfer? I thought it was Girlfriend…….actually I enjoy his post, usually rational and well stated. I don’t agree with most of his points but that’s what’s great about this board Do your thing Golfer

Reactions: 3407Dewey

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
The guy was a top 300 3* recruit who has been getting meaningful minutes as a freshman.
No reason he should pay his way moving forward.
We better offer him more than just free tuition if we want him on our roster next season

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

It’s pretty simple. If he’s worth a scholarship, he’ll get one.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It’s pretty simple. If he’s worth a scholarship, he’ll get one.
That approach to discussion would completely remove the point of having this board.
Your response can be used for basically any thread to stop discussion.

I asked for your opinion and you gave a worthless non-answer. And thats after giving a dbag response yesterday. Try this- participate in discussion or stay silent. Its pretty simple.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That approach to discussion would completely remove the point of having this board.
Your response can be used for basically any thread to stop discussion.

I asked for your opinion and you gave a worthless non-answer. And thats after giving a dbag response yesterday. Try this- participate in discussion or stay silent. Its pretty simple.
You could have started this discussion in an approach that generated actual discussion rather than emphasizing your point was the only logical one.

something along these lines.

“Shawn Jones has been playing well. I can’t understand why he didn’t receive a scholarship somewhere. It seems like he is working his way to earning one”

Vs

if Shawn Jones doesn’t get as scholly it’s an injustice.

understand those weren’t exactly your words but you made it very imperative. It isn’t.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
Is it Golfer? I thought it was Girlfriend…….actually I enjoy his post, usually rational and well stated. I don’t agree with most of his points but that’s what’s great about this board Do your thing Golfer
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Reactions: Yeti

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You could have started this discussion in an approach that generated actual discussion rather than emphasizing your point was the only logical one.

something along these lines.

“Shawn Jones has been playing well. I can’t understand why he didn’t receive a scholarship somewhere. It seems like he is working his way to earning one”

Vs

if Shawn Jones doesn’t get as scholly it’s an injustice.

understand those weren’t exactly your words but you made it very imperative. It isn’t.
Ha ha ha, this is gold. Now you are telling me I needed to have phrased it differently and worded it in a more neutral manner?
I absolutely love reading your comments.

Yeah, I am sure you wouldnt have gone full dumb on me if I had posted this in a neutral voice.**
Also, I knew why he was a walk-on, so your hypothetical doesnt even apply.

'Hello friends, where do we stand on the idea that perhaps Shawn Jones might luck into the privilege of procuring a scholarship from our dear alma mater? I would love to discuss this in a collaborative and inclusive manner which respects all voices.'
Get out of here with that.

Reactions: stateu1

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Ha ha ha, this is gold. Now you are telling me I needed to have phrased it differently and worded it in a more neutral manner?
I absolutely love reading your comments.

Yeah, I am sure you wouldnt have gone full dumb on me if I had posted this in a neutral voice.**
Also, I knew why he was a walk-on, so your hypothetical doesnt even apply.

'Hello friends, where do we stand on the idea that perhaps Shawn Jones might luck into the privilege of procuring a scholarship from our dear alma mater? I would love to discuss this in a collaborative and inclusive manner which respects all voices.'
Get out of here with that.
Hello friends. Our dear alma mater has awarded a number of scholarships but they decided to completely overlook Shawn Jones who was clearly not as privileged as the other gentleman who are on scholarship. This injustice must be reversed bc clearly and injustice was done to Shawn Jones.

I’m pretty sure every coach in America has a better idea of what they should do with their scholarships than you do.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I’m pretty sure every coach in America has a better idea of what they should do with their scholarships than you do.
I eagerly await you being consistent and pointing this out every time a posters says something like 'he is terrible and shouldnt be on scholarship' or 'he is a waste of a scholarship' for football, baseball, and basketball.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I eagerly await you being consistent and pointing this out every time a posters says something like 'he is terrible and shouldnt be on scholarship' or 'he is a waste of a scholarship' for football, baseball, and basketball.
I might not point it out every time but you’ll have a hard time finding any occasion where I demand what others do with their time or money.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login