Shawn Jones

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I agree. But why is Stevenson now not getting time? I’d rather see him play than Reed.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
It's curious, but In Jans I Trust.
Same. I just like that Stevenson has a sweet shot that he can sink on the baseline that no one else on the team can.

Jones’s length and ability around the rim has been a good surprise. If his outside shot would start falling again he would be a dangerous player.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We have some idiotic fans that were saying he shouldn’t play because he’s a walkon.

he has earned a scholly

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I just don’t see it with his delivery. He takes the ball way back behind his head ( like a pitcher’s full windup) and then throws it with such arc, he can’t have measured the distance accurately. It is amazing he makes any.
What's wild is he shot 39.8% from deep in his 2 seasons at SEMO.
And he averaged 5.8 shots from deep, so it was a pretty high volume.

Reactions: onewoof

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Reed surprisingly is the best defender other than Moore
Reed is a much better defender than Moore. In fact, Jans often does offense/defense substitutions at times to get Reed in for defense over Moore. Different positions, but Cam and DJ are better defenders than Moore as well. Jones might be better as well because of his length. Moore is scrappy, but limited by his size and lets guys get by him more often than the others I mentioned.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I agree Shawn Jones needs more minutes, his length, quickness, hops and speed are incredible. If we can keep him he’s gonna be a good one! I’m not against all our starters resting a little more throughout the game either, keep them just a little fresher at the end of games. Jans is doing a great job of what we seemed to be missing under Howland, coaching. He has really impressed me with his coaching these guys up in less than a years time! Cam Mathews transition to a big plus on the offensive end has been as impressive as the defense to me. And not always in man either, finally! That one thing keep me from really liking Howland. After the first couple games I saw this year I said finally we have a hungry basketball coach coaching his team!

Reactions: Air Raid 2.0
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login