Shifty Seth Davis

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Been hearing so many good things about Seth Davis, I had to revisit some highlights.

You can see what Arnett is talking about in this game. He really does seem to have an innate sense of when to make a cut long before most running backs see the developing seam...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
RB room is looking good. We have tight ends, running backs and a running backup QB. Looking forward to seeing that set.

Davis might be the most natural RB I have seen in 25 years.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
RB room is looking good. We have tight ends, running backs and a running backup QB. Looking forward to seeing that set.

Davis might be the most natural RB I have seen in 25 years.
I'm kind of conditioned now to think of Brandon Holloway when I think of a small, fast RB at State. And that's no slight to Brandon, who I think could have been used much more effectively by a different staff.

Davis is different. Like you say , he just looks like he was built to play that position. I'm sure his top end speed doesn't match Holloway, but he looks plenty fast and he is really moving very quickly after receiving the ball.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I'm kind of conditioned now to think of Brandon Holloway when I think of a small, fast RB at State. And that's no slight to Brandon, who I think could have been used much more effectively by a different staff.

Davis is different. Like you say , he just looks like he was built to play that position. I'm sure his top end speed doesn't match Holloway, but he looks plenty fast and he is really moving very quickly after receiving the ball.
How fast was Holloway? Davis is running the 40 in the 3s.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Been hearing so many good things about Seth Davis, I had to revisit some highlights.

You can see what Arnett is talking about in this game. He really does seem to have an innate sense of when to make a cut long before most running backs see the developing seam...

Fast... Doesn't move much Left or Right, just straight ahead.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Holloway's best in the 100 meters in HS was in the 10.5 range.

Looks like Davis was around 11.2.

Is the 40 in the 3s a joke I missed on here. Pretty sure nobody on earth does that.
I’ve never heard of speed like that either before Davis. I saw it in a video State put out last year after he signed. It was showing him showing coming to campus with other recruits and training at a camp over in Aberdeen. I’ll try to find it.

Reactions: She Mate Me

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Holloway's best in the 100 meters in HS was in the 10.5 range.

Looks like Davis was around 11.2.

Is the 40 in the 3s a joke I missed on here. Pretty sure nobody on earth does that.
Ok it wasn’t State that produced the video and it was before he signed. I don’t have time to look through the video right now but I’m pretty sure I remember it saying in there that he ran a 40 in the 3s.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Ok it wasn’t State that produced the video and it was before he signed. I don’t have time to look through the video right now but I’m pretty sure I remember it saying in there that he ran a 40 in the 3s.

Thanks for the link. Saw that earlier and was going to watch it this evening.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010

How about LaDarius Perkins?

Reactions: onewoof

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
He must be pretty good to make the 2 deep right out of the gate. C'mon 80 yard TD runs!!!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login