Shocker pick of the century by our ol pal Sallee

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Picks State to finish 7th in the west, AU 5th, and OM 2nd with a shot at the CFP.

Poor dude still raw about the whole Cam Newton fiasco.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
Honestly, what have we done in our history as a football team to make an unbiased football fan pick us as anything other than last or next to last in the SEC West? I’ve been a State fan my entire life and outside of a few Mullen years and a couple Jackie Sherrill years, I’ve never thought we were going to challenge for the West going into a season.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Honestly, what have we done in our history as a football team to make an unbiased football fan pick us as anything other than last or next to last in the SEC West? I’ve been a State fan my entire life and outside of a few Mullen years and a couple Jackie Sherrill years, I’ve never thought we were going to challenge for the West going into a season.

How many times have we finished last on the SEC west since 2009?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think Sally wrote an article some years ago about State being criminally underrated every preseason. Then proceeded to predicted to be last in the division.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I am stoked to watch the projected last place 22 Dawgs tee the ball up in 7 days. I believe that Coach Leach has rebuilt the team into a good squad that will challenge everyone they play, even Alabama. There is now a full roster. There is experience at every level, but outside tackle (and there talent there.)

Damn all the gloom and doom. Hail State!!

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012

Since when does Sallee qualify as "unbiased"?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

When you're predicting what's going to happen in one particular season, you base it on the players, coaches, and other circumstances of that season, not other seasons from the past.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Well that almost guarantees we’re going to Atlanta, boys!

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Picks State to finish 7th in the west, AU 5th, and OM 2nd with a shot at the CFP.

Poor dude still raw about the whole Cam Newton fiasco.

Super glad to hear he picked us last. There's not a talking head or writer that I'd love to prove wrong more than Sally. He's such a smug, arrogant SOB. He's the kind you just relish rubbing some **** in his face.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Auburn 5th is far more egregious than MSU 7th. Just my two cents. We could finish 7th (or just tied for last with multiple teams) with a 3-5 SEC record quite easily. East opponents are tough this year.

Personally I don’t see much difference at all between MSU, OM, Ark, and Auburn from a talent standpoint, but MSU has a schedule problem and Auburn has a coach problem. So Ark 4th, Egg Bowl winner 5th, Egg Bowl loser 6th, and Auburn 7th would be my current prediction.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
He is the biggest moron in the business and proves a monkey could get a job as a college football analyst if they wanted one. I don' think he even evaluates State each year. Just blows the dust off his standard last place assessment every year and turns that in. That saves him time.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I had a Ole MIss guy at the gym this morning tell me that the advantage state has over ole miss is no body sees us coming. I told him to shut the f up. No coaches on our schedule is going to not see Miss State coming. I went on to say State is going to be more than a hand full for every one.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
We’ll finish 3rd/4th & be considered the “surprise team” because they’re too lazy to look at our roster, talent, & coach to determine we’ve got a pretty damn good team. The D is going to be very salty. We have the talent imo to finish 2nd behind Bama, I’m on the Leach train this year.

But someone has to finish last, since it won’t be us, who will it be?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I had a Ole MIss guy at the gym this morning tell me that the advantage state has over ole miss is no body sees us coming. I told him to shut the f up. No coaches on our schedule is going to not see Miss State coming. I went on to say State is going to be more than a hand full for every one.

Ole Miss folks should just shutup and enjoy the REAL advantage they have over every other team in the West. And that is getting to play Vandy EVERY single year. Vandy is the one team in the entire SEC that you can always count on to have the least amount of talent of anyone in the league. That gives OM a pretty good leg up on the competition right there.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
One slight adjustment. We’ll finish 3rd/4th, greatly exceeding expectations of finishing last in the West, yet we’ll then be treated to a slew of articles about how Leach and co have been huge disappointments. It’s the unending MSU media paradox

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Never heard of him. Seriously.

Is he supposed to be important or something?

No... he's not important, but him getting dunked on by Mississippi State media and fans is a fun pastime though.

He wasn't really on my radar until he started carrying Ole Miss's water during their investigation, reporting the BS he was fed by Freeze and Bjork as fact. He had the quasi-famous tweet about "folks being disappointed when this is mostly about track and women's basketball".

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
He's an Auburn guy that yearns for acceptance with OM fans. It's a weird dynamic.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login