Shohei Ohtani’s Interpreter Fired…

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
“Stole”
How y’all think otahni deferred all his income and still paid property tax in LA?

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
*stole a few mil*

seriously, with todays ADHD…ADD parabola of middle America youth….prime mind care sponsorship and mental awareness benefits amongst counselors …how does this happen?

Especially with him being at the top of a profession…which is usually MASTERED by micro manager freaks…how does this happen?

another black eye projection toward the “darkness” of our 1% and

Gosh damn. Who’s ever been an Elite athlete without the darkness of arms?

All of our Jock heroes die a flaming death. Is it time to to deflate these thugs…crime committed agents and the overall destruction of inflation amongst our pro athletes?

the Shhit is disgusting amongst the 99% of working class and middle class Americans…..but yet, we spend 99% of air space on affiliated stations discussing the .0000005% of positivity upon return of these huge contracts.

NiL NHL NFL NBA MLB 17ing garbage people, properties and culture…shhit has hit a head…its time for a serious reform…I’m all but done spending any time, money or energy towards anything supernatural, superficial or super stupid.

I’m ready to invest into Keyboard, Guitar and engineering, College intuitions. 17 this jock rock, hot breath, potato headed ******** , which sells hotdogs, stupid merch and underwear to athletes who can’t fill them up, one way or the other.

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
*stole a few mil*

seriously, with todays ADHD…ADD parabola of middle America youth….prime mind care sponsorship and mental awareness benefits amongst counselors …how does this happen?

Especially with him being at the top of a profession…which is usually MASTERED by micro manager freaks…how does this happen?

All of our Jock heroes die a flaming death. Is it time to to deflate these thugs…crime committed agents and the overall destruction of inflation amongst our pro athletes?

the Shhit is disgusting amongst the 99% of working class and middle class Americans…..but yet, we spend 99% of air space on affiliated stations discussing the .0000005% of positivity upon return of these huge contracts.

NiL NHL NFL NBA MLB 17ing garbage people, properties and culture…shhit has hit a head…its time for a serious reform…I’m all but done spending any time, money or energy towards anything supernatural, superficial or super stupid.

I’m ready to invest into Keyboard, Guitar and engineering, College intuitions. 17 this jock rock, hot breath, potato headed ******** , which sells hotdogs, stupid merch and underwear to athletes who can’t fill them up, one way or the other.
Burl Ferpin Mageggie

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lots of smoke that it's a cover for Ohtani, who was betting on baseball. Would MLB follow its own rules and ban the greatest player since Babe Ruth? Buckle up.
Ah, now I get it. Should have figured the story was a little too ridiculous to be believable.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Anyone that allows an "interpreter" what apparently was full access to "millions of dollars" with apparently little to no supervision reaps what they sow. I wouldn't allow my best friend or relative access to millions of my dollars. Matter of fact this happens waaaaay to often. Much cheaper to hire 2 firms, one to actually manage the millions and another to audit the first one than to let it get away and then point the finger of blame to someone else rather than having to look in the mirror

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
Anyone that allows an "interpreter" what apparently was full access to "millions of dollars" with apparently little to no supervision reaps what they sow.
I can see that. However, I think Boom Boom has broken the case and he didn't steal anything. He's the fall guy for all the money Ohtani has lost betting on baseball.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
*stole a few mil*

IMG_6044.gif

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I can see that. However, I think Boom Boom has broken the case and he didn't steal anything. He's the fall guy for all the money Ohtani has lost betting on baseball.
Not known yet what he was betting on. If he was connected, then there will be a push to claim he never bet on baseball, with the league eager to accept that or claim they can't prove otherwise, and give a lesser punishment (1 year ban). Also, they'll claim he never bet on his own team. What got Rose the full banhammer was betting on his own team. It's still against MLB rules to place illegal bets on any sport, but in cases not involving baseball they have more leeway with the punishment.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Definitely has the feel that it MIGHT be a cover up, but I can’t see why the bookie would have any reason to cover for Ohtani and say he wasn’t the one betting. The interpreter could easily be bought off, as that’s a much closer relationship.

If they found out about the $4.5 million wired from Ohtani to Bowyer, they’d find out about any other “hush” money that Ohtani paid him to keep quiet, too.

The most suspicious thing in the timeline is that the Feds knew in January about the Ohtani-Bowyer connection. Which means that the Dodgers damn sure knew about it then too, and the Ohtani camp. However, the interpreter is not fired until over 2 months later when ESPN starts asking questions.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Anyone that allows an "interpreter" what apparently was full access to "millions of dollars" with apparently little to no supervision reaps what they sow. I wouldn't allow my best friend or relative access to millions of my dollars. Matter of fact this happens waaaaay to often. Much cheaper to hire 2 firms, one to actually manage the millions and another to audit the first one than to let it get away and then point the finger of blame to someone else rather than having to look in the mirror
Evidently he wasn’t allowed access. He made bets on credit with the bookie under Ohtani’s name. Bookie knew it wasn’t Ohtani but liked having him in the book to brag to other clients about his legitimacy. Lost money, got in the hole by $4.5 million. Ohtani wired money to repay the debt. Didn’t give the money to interpreter directly to repay him because he “didn’t trust he wouldn’t gamble it away”. That’s the most recent account.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Definitely has the feel that it MIGHT be a cover up, but I can’t see why the bookie would have any reason to cover for Ohtani and say he wasn’t the one betting. The interpreter could easily be bought off, as that’s a much closer relationship.

If they found out about the $4.5 million wired from Ohtani to Bowyer, they’d find out about any other “hush” money that Ohtani paid him to keep quiet, too.

The most suspicious thing in the timeline is that the Feds knew in January about the Ohtani-Bowyer connection. Which means that the Dodgers damn sure knew about it then too, and the Ohtani camp. However, the interpreter is not fired until over 2 months later when ESPN starts asking questions.
Bookie probably didn't know, the interpreter would be placing the bets for Ohtani. I doubt Bowyer speaks Japanese.

MLB is in a huge pickle. I don't see how he gets anything less than a year ban. Even by his best story, he knowingly wired $4.5M directly to a bookie to cover gambling debts! Hell, isn't it a major rules violation to just associate with a bookie?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login