Should Hubbard have taken the last shot?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Cannot believe rebel fans waited two hours before the game for an unranked team.

Took 3 career nights from 3 of their players to win at home, after we gave the game away with silly/lazy turnovers.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I was expecting a 3 pt attempt from Hubbard with tolu and Cam under the rim for a putback/rebound on on the miss
Exactly. Bad draw up for Jan's.
Truthfully though tolu playing like *** was the reason we lose this. Everyone else played pretty good. Can't have your all American turn it over get in foul trouble and not make shots on the road

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I would’ve liked to see Hubbard get the shot but Cam finishes that shot like 90% of the time at the rim through contact. I bet he thought he could have a higher percentage chance of getting an and one with that play or at least an opportunity at the and one over a three from Hubbard. Hubbard took like 2 shots the entire second half since they switched a bigger man on him.

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Yeah I was thinking a Hub 3 point attempt for sure. At the same time Cam was open. Wasn’t the worst idea of all time, just because Cam can finish. Unfortunately, he missed, and got sent to the line. Almost felt like the game was over once the foul was called.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
In the moment I was mad about it but in hindsight Cam had a great look and was having a really good game offensively to that point. So I get it. He should’ve had an And-1 opportunity and didn’t execute. It is what it is.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
In the moment I was mad about it but in hindsight Cam had a great look and was having a really good game offensively to that point. So I get it. He should’ve had an And-1 opportunity and didn’t execute. It is what it is.
I agree with you. And since we all (I know I did) assumed Hub would take that last shot, I assume Jans figured OM thought he would too. They were all over him on the perimeter. I was sitting there thinking, he's going to have to try a really deep three that misses everything, or it will get blocked.

So I guess I would rather Cam getting a fairly good look there 1 on 1. And he did get fouled, so the play technically worked.

I will say this: Cam is one of my favorite Bulldogs of all time, because he plays his *** off and I won't blame this one on him. That's a tough spot. And I would bet my overtaxed house that he has a career game against those shitheads at The Hump in a couple weeks.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I said during the time stoppage to check to see who the ball went out on.. that i would take a 3 to try to win the game. Not necessarliy with Hubbard, but any open look.

That said, Jans, got a guy, who was our second leading scorer and having a great night.. an open lay up with a possible and-1 chance. Cant really fault that. Plus Ole miss had shut down Hubbard in the second half. AND if you got back and look at the play, OM was defending the 3 point line, so for all we know, that play could have had multiple options but we took what the defense gave us.

Reactions: Anon1697564126
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login