Should I Become a Football Coach?

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
This is a hypothetical. I guess. If I magically become independently wealthy in the next few years, should I quit my current career and devote all my energy to eventually becoming the head coach at Mississippi State by the age of 55? I'm currently at the casual fan/idiot level, but I'll work hard and utilize all the knowledge I've gained on this board over the years. Would Mississippi State fans rally behind an undead statesman? If this hypothetical becomes not hypothetical do I have your support?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
The only question I need to have answered, and it's a simple yes or no question:

Would you have paid Cecil and Cam?

(h/t to Original48, this was the only fight we ever had**)

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
You don’t need to be the head coach for all of us to tell you how wrong you are, jeez!

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
This is a hypothetical. I guess. If I magically become independently wealthy in the next few years, should I quit my current career and devote all my energy to eventually becoming the head coach at Mississippi State by the age of 55? I'm currently at the casual fan/idiot level, but I'll work hard and utilize all the knowledge I've gained on this board over the years. Would Mississippi State fans rally behind an undead statesman? If this hypothetical becomes not hypothetical do I have your support?
If you will just play the QB on the bench 75% of SPS will love you. Recruit about six so when one has a bad game you can bring in the next one. Defense doesn't matter because winning and losing is purely the QBs responsibility. Just make sure you get 5 star QBs and the rest of the team can be 3 star.

Reactions: ZombieKissinger

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
If you will just play the QB on the bench 75% of SPS will love you. Recruit about six so when one has a bad game you can bring in the next one. Defense doesn't matter because winning and losing is purely the QBs responsibility. Just make sure you get 5 star QBs and the rest of the team can be 3 star.
I think 6 is the perfect number. I actually like to rotate all six and keep whoever is in the game going until their first incompletion. Then I move them to the back of the QB line. I plan to invest NIL money in diversified penny stocks, so we'll have enough money to bring in six 5 star QBs

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Why get a degree in engineering or business to make thousands when you can get a P.E. degree and make millions.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I think 6 is the perfect number. I actually like to rotate all six and keep whoever is in the game going until their first incompletion. Then I move them to the back of the QB line. I plan to invest NIL money in diversified penny stocks, so we'll have enough money to bring in six 5 star QBs
Just make sure every QB can throw a laser pass 65 yards and run like a deer. It doesn't matter if there is a receiver on the other end of the pass. 50% completion rate is acceptable. It is much better to look good than to actually be good.

I like your rotation system. SPS posters will have to find another position to pick on as to why we are losing. They may decide it is your fault since you are doing what they want you to do. That makes the most sense. Otherwise, they would have to realize other positions can cause a loss and admit that it is not always the QB. Based on history we know that will never happen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login