Should Lemonis have refused…

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
To resume the game? We had zero chance of winning after that debacle. He should have refused to play the rest of the game. At worst, you get a forfeit loss. At best, you get to finish it today, after those in charge have been able to look at everything more closely and use good judgment.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I would've tossed that lineup clipboard at their feet. "You figure this cluster 17 out! Sorry Geautro."

kired

Aug 22, 2008
If AD was at the game (surely he was) he should have gotten involved. Can you imagine if Cohen was still AD? No way he sits and watches that shitshow

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
How can the people in Birmingham toss Hines and Kohler? They are being peacemakers. This was a **** show.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
If AD was at the game (surely he was) he should have gotten involved. Can you imagine if Cohen was still AD? No way he sits and watches that shitshow
Given the amount of time it took to resolve this, either AD should have and may have been involved whether they were present or not. There’s a lot at stake, especially for Lemonis. Selmon better have been involved at some level last night. If he’s not activity working the issue right now, then what are we paying him for?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
You don't know all you think you know about Selmon. We don't have a strong leader of the athletic dept. Very passive and let's just get along type of guy
I don’t claim to know anything about him. I don’t praise him or run him down cause I’m not sure he’s done anything to deserve either at this point. I give him credit for quickly fixing the Arnett mistake but I’m not sold on Lebby. Also, NIL seems to be in a much better place since selmon took over but I also recognize that could be other people’s doing.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
i said in another thread I was there. i was sitting ten rows up behind Georgi’s dugout. Selmon came down the stands and talked to Lemonis at the fence/netting beside the dugout. It appeared to me Selmon came to ask Lemonis what in the Heck was going on.

My view of Selmon improved last night. He came before the game and hung out with the guys on the berm that sit right above the visitors bullpen and are there every game. Selmon took pictures selfies hung around for a few minutes. He didn’t have to do that and he actually mingled with the common folk. Something that was refreshing to see.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
i said in another thread I was there. i was sitting ten rows up behind Georgi’s dugout. Selmon came down the stands and talked to Lemonis at the fence/netting beside the dugout. It appeared to me Selmon came to ask Lemonis what in the Heck was going on.

My view of Selmon improved last night. He came before the game and hung out with the guys on the berm that sit right above the visitors bullpen and are there every game. Selmon took pictures selfies hung around for a few minutes. He didn’t have to do that and he actually mingled with the common folk. Something that was refreshing to see.
No he should have been bashing beers over his head and shotgunning them with the guys on the berm and then during the game he should come out to the pitchers mound and did a DDT to the umpire in charge with middle fingers at the Georgia dugout. Thats what a real AD would have done!!1!1!!1!1!1!!1**

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The umpires were not making those decisions. The SEC was making those 🐎 :poop: decisions and by the ridiculous "Death Penalty for Jaywalking" rule there was nothing to do. There was no one to appeal to.

Now they better address a rule change.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
The umpires were not making those decisions. The SEC was making those 🐎 :poop: decisions and by the ridiculous "Death Penalty for Jaywalking" rule there was nothing to do. There was no one to appeal to.

Now they better address a rule change.
It’s an NCAA rule though,, what SEC could do I guess is eliminate or change the Birmingham review process. Let the field umpires control their own game. It’s supposed to ’save time’ supposedly like MLB but we see how well that went last night.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login