Should they add 3 seconds to the batters clock

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Somewhat similar to the OP; where the hell is the pitch clock that a pitcher can see?

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Much like clock rules change late in football games, I feel like you need to enforce the clock rules through 7 innings. Then not in last two innings so a game can’t end on a click violation.

could you imagine a SR or a game in Omaha being called with runners on the bases?

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Somewhat similar to the OP; where the hell is the pitch clock that a pitcher can see?
I seem to remember seeing it during minor league games on the wall behind the plate about midway between home and 1st base. Probably one on the 3rd base side as well, for both right and left handed pitchers, and umpires.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I seem to remember seeing it during minor league games on the wall behind the plate about midway between home and 1st base. Probably one on the 3rd base side as well, for both right and left handed pitchers, and umpires.

The few games I've watched, instead of heard, us play this year I've only seen the clock on both dugouts. 3 digits. All zeros all the time.

Is it just there for SEC play?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Both clocks should absolutely be visible to the viewing audience. There should be a pitch and a hit clock on the TV screen. Imagine DNF yelling at a batter to get in the box as the clock clicks down to 0.

Reactions: aTotal360

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Much like clock rules change late in football games, I feel like you need to enforce the clock rules through 7 innings. Then not in last two innings so a game can’t end on a click violation.

could you imagine a SR or a game in Omaha being called with runners on the bases?
This is a dumb take. If it's a rule the first seven innings, it should be a rule the last two innings. Don't want the game to end that way, then get in the batter's box and be ready to play.

Reactions: patdog

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
We are only a couple weeks in. I’d love to look at the data after the season. Same with MLB. It’s not a huge deal to eliminate some of the following that happens before or when they enter the box: 5 deep breaths, helmet adjustment, pointing the bat to the outfield, a few half swings over the plate, calling time because you are playing “head games” and adjusting your gloves.

It had gotten to the point of absurdity. Let the rule fix the main problem, then adjust it according if needed.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Back in Ty Cobb era, batters would get plugged just for taking extra time to dig their cleats in the batter's box. Things have just gotten outta hand in today's game and something had to be done.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login