Should we ever wear black again?

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
You realize we wore black yesterday. They were just the better team today move on to the next game.
You realize we didn't have a ref running parallel during a critical point of those games?

eta: We prob did the entire game, but damn thats frustrating. lol

Reactions: PBDog

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
came here to say the same …..why in the hell would you dress the same as the ref. this should be a sign for every team. wear a 17n contrasting color than anyone on the court

Reactions: MoronDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We definitely are winless when failing to outscore the other team.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
No black in any sport. Our colors are Maroon and white. Always wear those colors with pride. It is an honor to put them on. That goes for all of us.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

No black in any sport. Our colors are Maroon and white. Always wear those colors with pride. It is an honor to put them on. That goes for all of us.
now it has affected the outcome of a game and potentially a win and chance at a championship

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
The color of our uniform is not the reason we won yesterday or lost today!
once again did you miss the play where our guy threw it to the ref because he’s wearing the same color as our team? how is this so 17n hard to understand????!!???!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It happens. It would be awfully stupid to blame what happened today on the color of our jersey. It's kind of like waiting a few more games to decide about the baseball coach.

Reactions: Air Raid 2.0

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
once again did you miss the play where our guy threw it to the ref because he’s wearing the same color as our team? how is this so 17n hard to understand????!!???!
That’s one turnover.
We lost by 7
Blame it on a lot of other things, blaming it on the uniform color is just silly.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
About how many high school, college, and pro teams wear or have worn black uniforms? How often do those teams get confused and thrown the ball to the ref? Ive never heard of this to be a problem at all. This is a ridiculous take imo.
I actually thought the jerseys looked great, mostly because of the STATE as opposed to &tate. In fact, I’d argue that psychologicaly speaking, our guys probably played tougher and stronger with the black uniforms and strong masculine block capital letters.

Bulldawg56

Mar 3, 2008
Well, it’s not like the refs weren’t wearing pants instead of shorts like the players, but I’ve definitely done dumber things in my life with way more time to react. Maybe they should make the ref’s shirts all stripes instead of looking solid black on the sides.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Well, it’s not like the refs weren’t wearing pants instead of shorts like the players, but I’ve definitely done dumber things in my life with way more time to react. Maybe they should make the ref’s shirts all stripes instead of looking solid black on the sides.
or maybe we should wear our school colors?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We wore the black uniforms when we destroyed Tennessee yesterday and there were no complaints. It’s not like that turnover cost us the game. We were down four with 35 seconds left. Definitely didn’t help a potential comeback, but you can’t say that play cost us the game.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The black jerseys look good.
Having more than maroon or white is cool.

17, I wish we would wear black when we play A&M since it would make it easier to figure out who is who when start watching.

We did not lose because Jeffries mistook the ref for a teammate.
The ref has a black and white shirt and pack pants. Nobody is suggesting we not wear white even though the refs jersey has white in it.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Put that STATE font on maroon jerseys and on the white ones… and make them both with pinstripes and be done with our uniforms…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login