Should we take another chance on an Alabama OL?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hell yes. We have 3 spots on that OL to fill. Dude was a 4 star with offers from everybody. And I can't imagine a better program to find transfer portal guys than Alabama, the odds are simply higher that you are getting a talented player.

Cole Smith is likely the center next year anyway, so we need help at guard.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He is an SEC Guard tho. Bama lists him as a guard and Leach would play him at guard. Not tackle

missed that. Just looked at being 6'5 and assumed OT, which I guess is not a good assumption anymore.

Point still stands. We have to replace our center and a likely candidate is one of our guards. I'm assuming (hoping) we're not in as much of a bind at guard, but I doubt we're in good enough position there to turn down a bama reject either. I feel pretty good about Leach's ability to develop OL, and somebody that got an AL offer presumably has a decent amount of ability to work with, even if it hasn't worked out for them yet.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
How do you know where leach is gonna play him?

We moved kam Jones from guard to right tackle Thursday. Might should have done that sooner.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Maybe they could move Dolla Bill and Kam Jones to tackle and plug him in at guard. Idk....if Miller and Leach think he can help improve our situation I am confident they will try to get him. I have been impressed with their persistence going after guys

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
We need to find a blocking TE and beef him up. Someone with good feet and long arms.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
First, because Bama has him listed as a guard. Secondly Leach likes taller longer tackles. Tho Cross was not that tall he prefers 6'7". Thats just looking at his history of having a big OL. Anything is possible tho, but I doubt it

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I didn't even pick up on that. That changes my thinking. That kid is suppose to be pretty good. I know we offered him. Hmm. I bet Leach does jump on that then

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Whether this guy ever starts a game or not, I believe that you can never have too many options on the O line.

I know there’s been a lot of negative talk about Lashley, but I mean… if we had a better option at RT, the coaches would’ve played him. We need all the depth we can get

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Thats a fact. Leach is gonna play the best guy. I don't think we had another viable option. They will have a game plan for the off-season to improve. Im sure Quick would be better than any freshman we could sign but we will see what they decide. I guess we have 25 spots to fill this year ?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login