Sickening NIL-related news: Cavender twins

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Isn't it absolutely appalling that young men and women are rewarding these attractive twins for their beauty and hotness without the slightest interest in their scoring averages? These young women are doing their best to be respected for their athleticism, rebounding and post-up play but that's getting ignored for some reason. https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/cavin...n=nypost&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Last edited:

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
If I’m Daddy Cavender do I really let this go on?
I guess though if they’re 21 then he nor Momma Cavender have much say so.
With that being said, I’d bet they promoted and encouraged it - WAY before NIL became a thing.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
If I’m Daddy Cavender do I really let this go on?
I guess though if they’re 21 then he nor Momma Cavender have much say so.
With that being said, I’d bet they promoted and encouraged it - WAY before NIL became a thing.
They're making a LOT of money. Even if daddy wanted to stop it, good luck with that.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Ha. Not fair? Hilarious. All I can say to the rest is that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

NIL is name image and likeness and these companies are liking their image and want to use it to promote their business.

tough shlt

Last edited:

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Isn't it absolutely appalling that young men and women are rewarding these attractive twins for their beauty and hotness without the slightest interest in their scoring averages? These young women are doing their best to be respected for their athleticism, rebounding and post-up play but that's getting ignored for some reason. https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/cavin...n=nypost&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
This is exactly why I only subscribe to OnlyFans models who have Google Analytics certifications

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
- they are attractive, but no more than countless other women between 20 and 25.
- I flat out do not understand why they are paid money. Do people honestly buy a product or service just because of these twins? That's insane.

More power to them if they are doing what they love and able to monetize it.
I don't get it, but clearly a lot of others do get it.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
This is a stupid аss article and poorly written.

To be fair to Haley Cavinder, she was a starter on an Elite 8 team. You can make the argument that she’s accomplished as much athletically as Caleb Williams and Travis Hunter, the guys named in the article for their “athletic prowess”.

You can also make the argument that what the Cavinder twins are doing is more in the spirit of what NIL is supposed to be while the NIL deals for a lot of other athletes are ‘pay to play’.

by the way, this is Victoria Jackson, the woman trying to hold other women down:

I’d say her arguments fall a little flat.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
- they are attractive, but no more than countless other women between 20 and 25.
- I flat out do not understand why they are paid money. Do people honestly buy a product or service just because of these twins? That's insane.

It’s all about how many people follow them on social media platforms. Companies just want to advertise their products or services and the more followers you have the more eyeballs that will see your product.

I got no problem with this. This is how NIL should work. If a company wants to pay you to advertise a product then good for you. Bad look for the girl complaining though. Girls complain that they aren’t paid like men athletes (even though they don’t generate the interest and therefore revenue) but NIL is something girls are matching guys in. And of course jealous girls want to take it away from them.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I mean… how could anybody hate on this athleticism?***

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It’s all about how many people follow them on social media platforms. Companies just want to advertise their products or services and the more followers you have the more eyeballs that will see your product.

I got no problem with this. This is how NIL should work. If a company wants to pay you to advertise a product then good for you. Bad look for the girl complaining though. Girls complain that they aren’t paid like men athletes (even though they don’t generate the interest and therefore revenue) but NIL is something girls are matching guys in. And of course jealous girls want to take it away from them.
They have 26 IG posts in the last 6ish weeks, since start of May, and none are selling anything specific. No product placement, except a few posts that make it seem like they are going to join the WWE? The rest is just random photo dump posts of them at cool things like an NBA game, an f1 race, horse race, etc. Oh, and the obligatory glute pics where you stand at a 25 degree angle, take a step back with the back leg, and twist your torso straight.

That's what I mostly don't grasp- I get that they have a large audience to sell crap to, but where is the advertising or brand placement?

This is one area where the world has passed me by. My marketing degree is worth less now than it even was nearly 20 years ago.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They have 26 IG posts in the last 6ish weeks, since start of May, and none are selling anything specific. No product placement, except a few posts that make it seem like they are going to join the WWE? The rest is just random photo dump posts of them at cool things like an NBA game, an f1 race, horse race, etc. Oh, and the obligatory glute pics where you stand at a 25 degree angle, take a step back with the back leg, and twist your torso straight.

That's what I mostly don't grasp- I get that they have a large audience to sell crap to, but where is the advertising or brand placement?

This is one area where the world has passed me by. My marketing degree is worth less now than it even was nearly 20 years ago.
Looks like most of their advertising is on TikTok:

I don’t know though… THIS WAS RIGHT THERE! Opportunity missed.

1686718941626.jpeg

kired

Aug 22, 2008

They can’t advertise in every post or it becomes obvious and annoying. That’s social media advertising - provide content people are interested in, then sneak in something every so often. They probably advertise more on other platforms. IG is for old people like us.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
They are selling something. And it ain't seasoning salt.

Welcome to the age of "those who want to be another Kardashian".

We make fun of people that watch soap operas and wrestling because of how fake it is. But for some reason we don't ridicule people that follow this type of "real" fantasy.

All 7 of the deadly sins are for sale in some shape or form. None of them are real.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They tried the same **** with Livy Dunne. It's capitalism at its finest. Using their assets to get them places. They wouldn't make any money if there wasn't a market. Sorry nobody wants to pay you for being just somewhat athletic and not very entertaining. Same argument for women's soccer. Sorry you aren't making a lot but Alex Morgan or Kelsey Turnbow are. It is what it is. They are making money not solely for their soccer. There is a market for beauty and sex. Always has been and always will be. Nobody wants to pay the ugly person. There is a reason I work in science and engineering and not in the cover of a magazine and getting deals for crap and to endorse things. I'm not a major media or sports talent that draws fans and nobody wants to see my ugly mug. It is what it is. As someone else said it's name image and likeness. If you name image e likeness isn't worth the capital you have no complaint and most female athletes just don't have the market. Just not there.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Influencer is the new gig. Everyone is trying to do. Problem is you have to be popular to influence and certain things make females more popular. Post about your life and clothes and whatever and companies pay you or give you free crap to use or show off. Others watch it and want to be them

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
This is a stupid аss article and poorly written.

To be fair to Haley Cavinder, she was a starter on an Elite 8 team. You can make the argument that she’s accomplished as much athletically as Caleb Williams and Travis Hunter, the guys named in the article for their “athletic prowess”.

You can also make the argument that what the Cavinder twins are doing is more in the spirit of what NIL is supposed to be while the NIL deals for a lot of other athletes are ‘pay to play’.

by the way, this is Victoria Jackson, the woman trying to hold other women down:

I’d say her arguments fall a little flat.
These type of people are never going to be satisfied because they are hell bent on trying to force people to like things that people just aren’t going to like. Not many people want to watch inferior athletes play sports. People enjoy looking at hot women and pretty people in general are going to have an easier life. That’s just the way life is and has been since the world began.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

People pay for odd stuff. Mid 90's working in Huntsville a co-worker related a story about his neighbor. mid 20's dude with all kinds of expensive toys, Ducati, sports cars, etc.. Turns out 19 year old wife cleaned house nude and had webcams that people subscribed to watch. I asked him if she was that attractive, and he said, "Nope, mostly she just has a 19 year old body."

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
People pay for odd stuff. Mid 90's working in Huntsville a co-worker related a story about his neighbor. mid 20's dude with all kinds of expensive toys, Ducati, sports cars, etc.. Turns out 19 year old wife cleaned house nude and had webcams that people subscribed to watch. I asked him if she was that attractive, and he said, "Nope, mostly she just has a 19 year old body."

Yet, the cops say I can't mow the lawn nekkid.*

Life's not fair. One of the most important lessons you can teach your children.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Isn't it absolutely appalling that young men and women are rewarding these attractive twins for their beauty and hotness without the slightest interest in their scoring averages? These young women are doing their best to be respected for their athleticism, rebounding and post-up play but that's getting ignored for some reason. https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/cavinder-twins-have-raked-in-2m-in-nil-deals-off-their-looks-while-better-athletes-come-up-empty-critics-charge/?utm_campaign=nypost&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twi
Are you being sarcastic or bichy?

Reactions: Dawgg

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Why do so many more people watch the NBA compared to the WNBA? The non-men play with much better fundamentals.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Ha. Not fair? Hilarious. All I can say to the rest is that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

NIL is name image and likeness and these companies are liking their image and want to use it to promote their business.

tough shlt
I was coming to post this.

They are actually getting paid for NAME IMAGE AND LIKENESS. And of course victims gonna victim.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Well i think its been proven recently that hot sexy women in advertising are a lot better for sales than qunt wokeness. Budlight checking in.....

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Thats all the do is complain. Always looking for a victim.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yet, the cops say I can't mow the lawn nekkid.*

Life's not fair. One of the most important lessons you can teach your children.
No we found out that it wasn't good to teach your kids tough life lessons.

We should make them think the world is easy.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Mid90s webcam? Ha, my Windows 95 computer with 56k dial up connecting to the internet via AOL would have made me cry in frustration while trying to load her subscription website!

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Thats all the do is complain. Always looking for a victim.
The butt hurt always comes from the same crew. Lily white, liberal, women "journalists/bloggers/influencers" that grew up with a silver spoon and now live on a golf course and are now searching for a purpose in life. I'm surrounded by them. They get traction and support from the same people that feel their plight.

They could save everyone's time by just cutting to the chase. Just admit you're jealous AF.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Well i think its been proven recently that hot sexy women in advertising are a lot better for sales than qunt wokeness. Budlight checking in.....

Ok. As I posted earlier- More power to them if they are doing what they love and able to monetize it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The butt hurt always comes from the same crew. Lily white, liberal, women "journalists/bloggers/influencers" that grew up with a silver spoon and now live on a golf course and are now searching for a purpose in life. I'm surrounded by them. They get traction and support from the same people that feel their plight.

They could save everyone's time by just cutting to the chase. Just admit you're jealous AF.
Wow, yeah that was a specific group you just described. Like really specific. Neighbor troubles?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Wow, yeah that was a specific group you just described. Like really specific. Neighbor troubles?
No. They are just loud and proud. You can't miss'em.

Just last week, I was invited to a dinner party that was attended by a couple of these types. One went on a rant about our garbage pickup does not recycling glass and how damaging it was to the environment. Then proceeded to brag about how much she composts and how it changed her life. She left the party in a brand new Jeep Grand Wagoneer Black Edition that gets 2 miles to the gallon. The kicker is they only have 1 kid.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Crazy part is they would never live or work or socialize with most of the people they claim to "support".

Reactions: aTotal360

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I love it when women tear other women down in the name of “feminism”. It’s not enough to try to turn people against men, they also have to try and turn people against other, usually more attractive, women who make money partially because they are attractive.

Reactions: paindonthurt

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
They look like children that still need to mature into women. Hard leg dudes freaking over skinny little girls is pretty lame, but that's capitalism...no boundaries.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login