Sickos Committee with an interesting twitter thread...

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Some of us on this board might want this offense...

Tap Out Animal Planet GIF by Puppy Bowl

Not enough men on the line of scrimmage.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah, if you go to the 3:00 mark on the linked video, you'll see the 4-4-3 formation above. They don't actually snap the ball from that formation; they start in that formation, then get set in a more traditional formation. I was kind of hoping they had a play they ran out of that formation.

Still cool to to see the transition though.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am assuming they did not have the more than four in the back field rule back then or you have to have at least 7on the line. I think it is a stupid rule today. As long as you are not lined up pass the line of scrimmage you should be able to line up like you want.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think it might be a variation of the old Dallas Cowboys Landry Shift.

I thought today's rule is when you first line up on the ball you have to have at least 7 men online. You can't correct because any movement after they have lined up has to be backwards or lateral. No one can be moving forwards before the ball is snap. I think there is one exception and that is the WR can ask the Ref is he on the line and if not, he can adjust. Now I don't mind rules lawyers explaining where I am wrong because very good chance I am.

Reactions: SGIDawg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Amazed at the poor officiating in this game:

Number 68 was in the neutral zone and wasn't flagged at the 10:16 mark

Missed face mask AND targeting at 4:05. Shameful should have been an ejection after the booth review.
I think I saw a couple of horse collars not called
Must have been SEC officials that day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login