Sid Salter

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
As far as Meredith goes, wasn't he pretty much run out of Alabama. It's fitting then that he ends up running the college board here. Send us your rejects, your retreads, and your outcast.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Alumni involvement shouldn't be limited to the <span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">Cigar Boys</span><span style="font-weight: bold;">,</span> either. Meredith's last hire, done in secret, didn't end well. Can Mississippi State people expect a fair shake this time around or will we again be sent on a honeymoon with a spouse we didn't meet until after the wedding?</p>

</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I could be totally wrong on that. I seem to remember discussing his reject status on here before.

NutherT

Oct 14, 2007
...was pushback from the IHL regarding diversity in hiring decisions. But no one is following that trail. The funding issue may be a real one, but it wasn't the critical issue in Foglesong's resignation as many who believe in black helicopters would have you believe.</p>

Ivehadbetter

Oct 18, 2007
but I do remember someone here saying he had been in both states. Fitting that we should get someone not good enough for our neighbor states and pay the SOB $366K/yr.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
you have posted that but you haven't explained it.

I believe you, but i can't take the veiled comments anymore.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
We always talk about how poor our state is, but if people realized how much money we waste every year they would be up in arms.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
300K a year job yet we think you need a housing allowance. Im not sure how meredith even puts food on the table.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
He insisted time and again that State fans didn't like Croom for racial reasons. He couldn't have been more wrong.

rebelrouseri

Jan 24, 2007
that is one bad mofo. Anyone who dares to stand in his way crushed. From the comment section:</p>
I heard that Khayat asked the IHL with Meredith's support for a one time sum of $10,000,000, to make up for "favoring MSU in the past". I suppose in spite of the fact MSU has always had more students on campus than OM, Bob thought it was unfair that the two schools were not funded the same. As I understand, Doc was the only one of the three major Presidents to fight this. Meredith had appointed Doc and the USM president and Khayat was the third, and the USM president has not been on the job long. They apparently agreed to Khayat's demand and Doc resigned in protest. Sid perhaps you can check and see if this is true.
I'm sure Sid will get right on that.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
they will all still be Doc haters. And in reality, if Doc resigned for the good of the University, its not doing us a whole hell of a lot of good if he's just going to stay quiet about it.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
wishing that Croom would fail because he`s black. I confronted him about that statement on his blog stating that I had been around lot`s and lot`s of state folks in many informal situations with and without alcohol involved and had never heard anyone even insinuate that. If it happened it was isolated to the point that it certainly wasn`t worth irresponsibly putting in the paper. I don`t pay quite as much attetion to Sid as I used to. Edited to say I was responding to Flab and have no idea how this ended up down here.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
Again, Scott got pissed off at Doc, because I am sure Doc wouldnt treat him "special" like LT has done with the Cigar Boys....Scott saw a way to play games with Doc, and Doc, being the millitary man he is, said screw it and quit.

I dont think anyone can point to one specific issue as to why Doc left, but instead was several issues, from IHL and Campus, that led to his moving on. Doc did alot of good for the university, but he was losing all crediablity fast in how he handled the dafodil/architecture student issues, like his replies and such. Doc had a vision for MSU and saw that it get done, and didnt care what had to be done to make it happen, pissing off everyone in between. To be honest, I hope we hire someone that will continue Doc's agenda, they just need better tact and skills to make it happen.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
To be honest, I hope we hire someone that will continue Doc's agenda, they just need better tact and skills to make it happen.

KNowing the committment to mediocrity at MState, I see the return of Droopy Dog.

gdogg

Feb 24, 2008
If we hire another Green Acres hayseed from the Ag dept. I will puke. But like another post indicated, we may already be down on the farm.

Sarc Dawg

Nov 9, 2003
and all I get is a damn BUICK! That in a nutshell is MSU- think small.

Seriously, at least MSU could have given Cristil a Caddy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login