Sign & Place?

Sep 11, 2019
I was reading one of Rosebowl's articles and he mentioned one of our high school commitments (Matt Mayfield) may be headed to Juco. It got me thinking. In the new world with the transfer portal, NIL and no signing class limits, does anyone sign and place players anymore or is that development strategy dead? Discuss.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I had heard he got injured and missed his senior year and might not be ready. The last administration offered him. Lebby signed some other better WR so I take it he is getting processed somewhat. We might need him next year if he has recovered completely.

Del B Vista

Dec 9, 2010
Teams have trouble keeping players in their own locker rooms around for a year or two. How are they gonna keep sign-and-place guys interested?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I was reading one of Rosebowl's articles and he mentioned one of our high school commitments (Matt Mayfield) may be headed to Juco. It got me thinking. In the new world with the transfer portal, NIL and no signing class limits, does anyone sign and place players anymore or is that development strategy dead? Discuss.
I think the sign and place officially died when they put a limit on signed players, regardless of whether they showed up to campus or not.

I would assume that with over the table NIL, putting a player with a particular JUCO no longer does much to protect him signing somewhere else in the future.

Reactions: ChinaDawgSunflower

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
There really aren't even the same requirements anymore. You basically have to not pass HS now.

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
There are still players who get placed in JUCO.....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login