Simeon Price in the Portal

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah he will. It's a shame we didn't give him more opportunities. First of many I'm sure. Hopefully we will announce an exciting new coach soon and stop the bleeding

Reactions: Bulldog45

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
I forgot that State's players have a 30-day window to enter the portal if they so choose since Arnett got fired. This should get interesting.. hopefully not in a bad way.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We’re closing in on 12 straight months of mistakes at RB. Running DJ off was a mistake. The idea that Woody Marks could handle a full season solo was a mistake. Not getting some of the other backs involved early was a mistake.
Marks is tough but not stable enough to handle that kind of load. DJ was the more stout back. He proved that this year.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
We’re closing in on 12 straight months of mistakes at RB. Running DJ off was a mistake. The idea that Woody Marks could handle a full season solo was a mistake. Not getting some of the other backs involved early was a mistake.

I certainly thought he was gonna get some touches this season. I just didn't realize it would be only 7.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
How does Price in the portal makes sense? The guy not playing him gets canned and he quits?

Davis i could understand.

Lee has burned a transfer but we really dont know what he can do.

Pittman was a juco so i guess he could transfer too.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Tyson Schilling in the portal too!!!!
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I don't blame him. He should have been featured more when Woody went down, especially since we couldn't pass it.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He has five rushing attempts this season. I’m really surprised he hasn’t been used more, but I guess the coaching staff’s strategy was to run Woody into the ground. They were successful in that.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Arnett seems like a good guy and a good DC coordinator. Oh well.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I would just prepare for essentially a complete roster overhaul. With the portal now coupled with three coaches in three years, we're going to lose anyone who is desirable by other P5 teams. Our new HC will have to do a pretty big roster flip unless they can really recruit the guys on the team to stay but I feel that will be the new normal with coaching changes going forward. It won't be Colorado or Texas State level but I'd expect dozens of guys to leave and dozens of new guys to come in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login