Slight Risk for Severe Weather Issued

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Looks to be a low end event, but there could be some severe weather in the area this afternoon heading into the evening. Main threat will be quarter size hail and straight line winds to 60mph, but there could be just enough wind shear and instability to spin up a brief tornado. Right now the short term models are showing the best combination of ingredients for possible tornadoes to be over eastern MS just after dark. I know it has been a while since we've seen rain, much less severe weather, so if you live in the yellow shaded area keep an eye out this afternoon and evening...especially in the eastern part of the state.

IMG_9398.PNG

Reactions: atomic dawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Looks to be a low end event, but there could be some severe weather in the area this afternoon heading into the evening. Main threat will be quarter size hail and straight line winds to 60mph, but there could be just enough wind shear and instability to spin up a brief tornado. Right now the short term models are showing the best combination of ingredients for possible tornadoes to be over eastern MS just after dark. I know it has been a while since we've seen rain, much less severe weather, so if you live in the yellow shaded area keep an eye out this afternoon and evening...especially in the eastern part of the state.

View attachment 245643
I selfishly hope it doesn’t rain for another month

Double Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
Heavy thunderstorm in West Central Alabama right now. Looks like it may have set in for the day.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
When the drought breaks it breaks with style. There looks to have been one possible brief tornado last night in either in Monroe or Lowndes county based on some radar screen grabs a guy on our chase team captured. Other than that large hail looked to have been the main issue.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
When the drought breaks it breaks with style. There looks to have been one possible brief tornado last night in either in Monroe or Lowndes county based on some radar screen grabs a guy on our chase team captured. Other than that large hail looked to have been the main issue.

I saw a tornado warning pop up somewhere near Tupelo last night. Don't know if it really was a tornado or not.

We had almost 2 inches at my house in Madison (AL) last night, most of it in the second wave that came through around midnight.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
It got pretty nasty, just after midnight, last night.
Plenty of green leaves/ branches on the ground this AM.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login