Small issue but I hope our coaches cover it

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Ole miss defense is going to strip the ball at every opportunity. We need to be prepared for that.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
That's all good and dandy but while they are trying to strip it and not trying to tackle our guys are continuing down the field another five yards.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
It’s been my observation they strip on

Every opportunity especially the LB transfer Campbell.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks. One thing that I have confidence in is out coaching staff and their prep. I really think it just comes down to do our guys execute on game day.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Ole miss defense is going to strip the ball at every opportunity. We need to be prepared for that.

We were sloppy on Saturday against Tenn Tech with ball security. We had 3 fumbles and lost 2. Hopefully the coaches highlight that with our receivers and backs this week.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
We were sloppy on Saturday against Tenn Tech with ball security. We had 3 fumbles and lost 2. Hopefully the coaches highlight that with our receivers and backs this week.

The first thought I had when Polk fumbled, was that it was a great thing to happen the week before the Egg Bowl.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Yep. Kind of like when your kid almost has a car wreck and it scares them into driving better.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Corral is going to run early and often particularly if it's wet...put a "spy" on him every play and if he runs LEGALLY bust his ***.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If nothing else Corral is a warrior . He won't slide if he need's a few extra yards for a 1st down.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
Every opportunity especially the LB transfer Campbell.

He does rip at the ball hard, I’ve noticed the same thing. He’s caused multiple fumbles, too. I don’t know that stripping at the ball is the best option against y’all, though. Tackling in space is what’s paramount. That, and of course being able to rush the passer with 3 or 4.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
If nothing else Corral is a warrior . He won't slide if he need's a few extra yards for a 1st down.

He absolutely will not, I agree. He’s a competitor. And there’s a strong chance this is his last game at Ole Miss, so I’d expect him to fight for yards.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He absolutely will not, I agree. He’s a competitor. And there’s a strong chance this is his last game at Ole Miss, so I’d expect him to fight for yards.

Meh, since he injured the ankle, he's been sliding every time. Now he has an NFL career he's thinking about, especially since the Heisman nonsense is over. Corral is not going to take any hits if he can keep from it.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I really like our chances in this one. Hard for me to me objective of course but I think we have the better match-up with our offense vs their D than they have on the other side. If the game is played cleanly I think we win all day long. Mistakes could torpedo that though. Hold our own with penalties, ST, and TOs and I think we prolly win a close one. Win these battles and it could be a runaway in our favor.

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
Good point and I agree. Last year I recall our WR losing the ball (Austin Williams?) as he fought for the goal line, and that one play was huge in the final outcome of the contest.

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012

Agreed, we will win if we don’t turn the ball over. That’s been the theme all season. Defense should play well enough, I imagine they’ll give up a big play or two but the key is turnovers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login