SMTT

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Miss Baseball Twitter coming through. Last post:

“SOUTHERN Miss, by damn.”

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I don't know about all that but if it doesn't warm your heart anytime OM loses I would have to say you are on the wrong fan board

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Was that where USM dropped the fly ball for us to win? That had to be brutal for them...
Prolly their greatest season ever that included them hosting us in a regional.

We limp in as a two seed playing South Alabama and get killed. Both USM and USA talk **** and then we proceed to win 4 games in 4 days and beat USM at their own regional with maybe 6 healthy pitchers. That will always hurt them.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
How a team with no pitching to start with won 4 games in 3 days after burning its ace against a 4 seed is incredible

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Prolly their greatest season ever that included them hosting us in a regional.

We limp in as a two seed playing South Alabama and get killed. Both USM and USA talk **** and then we proceed to win 4 games in 4 days and beat USM at their own regional with maybe 6 healthy pitchers. That will always hurt them.
We win in baseball when it matters. Ole Miss and SMTTT don't. Notice how they swept us in 2018 and we still ended up in Omaha.

Thanks Luke Reynolds and Brandt Blaylock.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Was that where USM dropped the fly ball for us to win? That had to be brutal for them...

Was that the year there was a rain delay and there was a possibility that Southern Miss would get the nod if the games didn't complete by that Monday?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
How a team with no pitching to start with won 4 games in 3 days after burning its ace is incredible
Jacob Billingsley came out of nowhere with that complete game, and evened the margins.

Pitching is such an equalizer. Of course I realize that guys get overused in the postseason all the time. I am not really sure if that effect will be marginalized this year as there are so many 5th/6th year players mashing out there - but then again, those guys generally aren't the most talented. But still good college hitters.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Well it’s the year everyone starting making up rules about how to decide a winner in the event of rain. And then we learned later you have until like Wednesday to complete a regional

patdog

May 28, 2007
It hasn't always been that way. As many CWS as we've been to, there's probably about a half dozen more we should have made (83, 84, 89, 03 just off the top of my head).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login