So… for give no 17’s and giggles

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Since rumors (although this one isn’t) have alway been encouraged at SPS, have information from a OM pitcher that most of the team doesn’t like Bianco, nor the staff, - even after Sunday nights win.
Rumors were swirling around mid-season he was all but gone and was most were glad.
“ some” of team came together, (Elko led) late in year and said basically 17-it, let’s play for US, not ole miss or the fans or especially Bianco.
Delucia was not liked at all by many the of players but he’s gone regardless, most if not all of the draft eligible will be gone, lots of players transferring even after the Natty.
This may not be a popular or believable take but again - straight from a players word who is on the team currently. Not from MS either.
Just FYI.
Those bastards still managed to win it all in a weak CWS field so I guess they did say 17-it!

Last edited:

HotMop

May 8, 2006
What's the worst that could happen, not even make the SEC tournament?

Oh wait...

Willowdawg

Dec 25, 2020
I went to a baseball camp there in high school. He couldn't have been there long, maybe 2 or 3 years, but it was the only camp I went to where the head coach of the school made everyone get in line and take a picture with him. I only went to camp there and USM so I don't know if that was normal, but Corky Palmer didn't do it. He seemed really into himself.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Wel you have to announce your portal intentions by this week (Friday I believe), so we’ll see real soon how this holds ups.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Wel you have to announce your portal intentions by this week (Friday I believe), so we’ll see real soon how this holds ups.

So, we have until the end of the week to see if this plays out. As rumors go, most can't be proven.

You see, all teams / work places etc.. have guys that are not happy and wanting to leave because of ...

This one guy bitched everyday at my job about how bad it was until I finally just asked why he didn't go find some place he wanted to work. I was tired of hearing it. That was over 30 years ago. He is still there working everyday and never misses.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I went to a baseball camp there in high school. He couldn't have been there long, maybe 2 or 3 years, but it was the only camp I went to where the head coach of the school made everyone get in line and take a picture with him. I only went to camp there and USM so I don't know if that was normal, but Corky Palmer didn't do it. He seemed really into himself.

hes a skip disciple

skip did this with all kids

i have my pic somewhere….squinting and gaggly

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think we all know how it's going to play out. There's no real dissention on that team. They may lose a couple of transfers looking for playing time like we did last year and this year, but for the most part there's nothing to the rumor.

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005
Dude.. a team doesn’t go from barely making the field to Omaha while hating the skipper.

same thing will happen to them as us last year. Graduation and the draft will get the main contributors and people farther down the bench may transfer.

MSU needs to clean up in the portal and screw the heads of the current team on tighter. Then we go again next year.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Dude.. a team doesn’t go from barely making the field to Omaha while hating the skipper.

same thing will happen to them as us last year. Graduation and the draft will get the main contributors and people farther down the bench may transfer.

MSU needs to clean up in the portal and screw the heads of the current team on tighter. Then we go again next year.
Truth.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
I promise you they will do much better than we did in the season following their natty. Much, much better.

There's no way of knowing that.

They could have several TJ injuries just like we did. You never know.

And luck...the good and the bad, plays a part in baseball. It could fall on the bad side.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They won't go 9-21, but there's a good chance they don't make a regional next year.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I promise you they will do much better than we did in the season following their natty. Much, much better.

Going better than 9-21 and under .500 overall shouldn't be too hard.

But I will say... up until the first week of June this was one of Bianco's worst teams. Definitely if you go back to first of May before they swept Missouri and LSU - it may have been considered his worst season ever. So this isn't an Alabama football team that dominated everyone all year long, and will reload with the talent to do it again. They got in the postseason by the skin of their teeth and got on a roll. I'm not downplaying that at all - it's why I love college baseball, and always say your season will be remembered for how you play in May and June, not March / April. BUT - that's also why I think they aren't going to be anything other than a middle of the pack SEC team next year

patdog

May 28, 2007
They didn't even host THIS year. And they're definitely taking a step back.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
They didn’t have any pitching. They will have a Friday ace. They will at minimim
throw Dogherty on Saturday who didn’t give up a run for roughly 20 straight innings to end the year. Nichols and Malitz out of the pen. Pitching wins and they already have a great start.

The lineup will start with Gonzolez, Aldermand and Harris. They will also add one of the really good OF from the portal. Plus they schedule really well for RPI. Hell they weren’t good this year and were still RPI 39.

tribaldawg

Sep 1, 2012

They had a team capable of winning the CWS and barely made the tournament. Nobody knows about next year. You are guessing just like everybody else.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
They didn’t have any pitching. They will have a Friday ace. They will at minimim
throw Dogherty on Saturday who didn’t give up a run for roughly 20 straight innings to end the year. Nichols and Malitz out of the pen. Pitching wins and they already have a great start.

The lineup will start with Gonzolez, Aldermand and Harris. They will also add one of the really good OF from the portal. Plus they schedule really well for RPI. Hell they weren’t good this year and were still RPI 39.

Mason Nichols' folks are big State fans. Sucks we didn't get him to Starkville

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Most teams have a Friday night ace right? Good on Dougherty but can it be replicated over an SEC season who the F knows? Nothing is more unpredictable than relief pitchers but 2 guys don't make a pen.

Your call is your call but it's hilariously premature.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Name the Friday night aces (other than TN) that are returning? There are names you can throw out as hopeful but none that have proven themselves like Elliott. TAMU, Auburn, LSU did not have Friday night aces this year. Arkansas really didnt either. State did until injury. Bama did until injury.

And its not a stretch. OM hosted 4 of 5 seasons prior to
this one. In part because they schedule really well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
I hope Elliott, the lefty from Tupelo stays.

I want to see the warm welcome he receives next year at The Dude.

hogfan14

Mar 28, 2013
Name the Friday night aces (other than TN) that are returning? There are names you can throw out as hopeful but none that have proven themselves like Elliott. TAMU, Auburn, LSU did not have Friday night aces this year. Arkansas really didnt either. State did until injury. Bama did until injury.

Connor Noland was REALLY good in the postseason. But yeah, had an up and down year in SEC play.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I hope Elliott, the lefty from Tupelo stays.

I want to see the warm welcome he receives next year at The Dude.

Why? Not like he’s some sort of a turncoat. Tupelo is closer to Oxford than Starkville, and is nothing close to an MSU town. 50/50 at best, probably more like 60/40 in favor of OM.

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009

We dont have the history to say we HAD a Friday night ACE. We had a guy that could give you up to 3 innings of lights out pitching that was promised he would get a chance at starting in 2022. He pitched great in his first 2 starts but unfortunate the offense sucked against the other teams ACE. Then came 11 strikeouts in the first 12 outs he got against Tulane. But the torque he was putting on that elbow “throwing” like he was still a closer, was his undoing.

Dude WAS Mississippi State through and through and wanted to give all he had for the team. I’d take 9 of that guy to build a program around. But it is my opinion that he was literally the ONLY pitcher we had capable of going against the other teams ACE.

And I just think he has a closer (cleanup guy) mentality. He will be a closer at the next level and may be up being the best MLB closer to ever come out of a Mississippi State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login