So… the banner lives on?

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
I thought we had ditched the “Mississippi State” banner wordmark? Still appear to be on the new basketball unis.

?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Makes sense.

If I recall correctly, the Banner motif started with basketball and the men’s team went to the ‘96 Final Four wearing Banner Warmups…

Shortly thereafter the Banner got a promotion.

Yet another MSU tradition: take what a team wears and does very well in and flood the other athletics teams with the design.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Thank the Lord.

While we're at it, put it back on the 50 yard line. I'll let you interlocking guys have the helmet. There's a ton of teams who have a different helmet logo than their official logo - LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, Florida State.

M over S and script State stays with baseball.

Seems like this should be the end of the debate. Let's stick with this stuff.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I thought we had ditched the “Mississippi State” banner wordmark? Still appear to be on the new basketball unis.

?

It’s been pointed out that these were probably done before we made the branding switch. Hopefully this is the last glimpse of the worst logo in sports.

Reactions: ETK99

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It’s been pointed out that these were probably done before we made the branding switch. Hopefully this is the last glimpse of the worst logo in sports.
Nah. We’ll see the worst logo in Sports on Thanksgiving…

Ole Miss Flag GIF by Grillax®

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Banner M should be nicknamed "Championship M". We have won more in all sports wearing the "Banner M" than any logo in our history.

In reply to above..... "Banner M" first appeared on the game uniform of the 1996 Final 4 basketball team. It was also at Midcourt that year. In addition the warm ups.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Thank the Lord.

While we're at it, put it back on the 50 yard line. I'll let you interlocking guys have the helmet. There's a ton of teams who have a different helmet logo than their official logo - LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, Florida State.

M over S and script State stays with baseball.

Seems like this should be the end of the debate. Let's stick with this stuff.
Yes we are certainly big enough to have THREE brands because we are huge. Bama only has one. Idiots. They are small.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login