So a NFL Safety's Dad fesses up to shooting a Bald Eagle. Question for you hunting enthusiasts.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Never been a hunter but always loved fishing and eating my catches. I respect deer, dove and duck hunters who harvest their kills. But what possesses someone to kill just for the sake of killing? Why would you kill a Bald 17ing Eagle especially on American Soil? Why do people kill bears and mountain lions? Why would anybody jerk off to killing lions, elephants and rinos?

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Never been a hunter but always loved fishing and eating my catches. I respect deer, dove and duck hunters who harvest their kills. But what possesses someone to kill just for the sake of killing? Why would you kill a Bald 17ing Eagle especially on American Soil? Why do people kill bears and mountain lions? Why would anybody jerk off to killing lions, elephants and rinos?

I know several subdivision developers who would shoot a bald eagle on sight. If you know, you know.

• Angry
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

Because bears taste delicious and they and mountain lions kill the food people want to eat and they kill people. Elephants destroy crops and villages. I don’t know what rinos taste like, but I don’t like how they vote, so I understand why people want to shoot them, but I never would.
ETA: clothing made from furbearers is environmentally friendly.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Because bears taste delicious and they and mountain lions kill the food people want to eat and they kill people. Elephants destroy crops and villages. I don’t know what rinos taste like, but I don’t like how they vote, so I understand why people want to shoot them, but I never would.
ETA: clothing made from furbearers is environmentally friendly.

Moan Maine. Bears & Mountain Lions ain't making nobody hungry these days. People actually EAT Bears? And any liberals who get hurt by Mountain Lions and Bears unarmed deserve the azz 17ing they get. Darwinism and schit.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
these days.
Although they still have a huge impact on deer, elk, moose populations, I’ll pretend they don’t for you. What do you think happened in “those days” to make predators less of a problem “these days”?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Although they still have a huge impact on deer, elk, moose populations, I’ll pretend they don’t for you. What do you think happened in “those days” to make predators less of a problem “these days”?

Since I'm a Bonanza expert I know Pondarosa Problems are diminished these days.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I don't think cattle ranchers are threatened to any significant degree these days by beautiful majestic big cats. We've bout wiped 'em out. Let em be.
You won’t answer the question because you know the answer contradicts your previous statements. No one is wiping out the population of bears and mountain lions, nor is that what you said first. Their harvest numbers are controlled very closely. And ranchers out West constantly have their Animals killed bear bears and mountain lions. You are welcome to keep thinking your food comes from a printer in the Whole Foods warehouse.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'd never shoot an eagle because I was raised better but there is no telling how many birds fell to my Daisy and my Winchester 22 back in my youth. Didn't eat a one. It was simpler times. You rode your bike, fished, or shot ****. That was about all the entertainment we had.

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
I can tell you for a fact that just possessing a bald or golden eagle feather is a felony. Shooting one will get you 50k fine minimum your license revoked for a lifetime and depending on the judge community service and jail time.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
You won’t answer the question because you know the answer contradicts your previous statements. No one is wiping out the population of bears and mountain lions, nor is that what you said first. Their harvest numbers are controlled very closely. And ranchers out West constantly have their Animals killed bear bears and mountain lions. You are welcome to keep thinking your food comes from a printer in the Whole Foods warehouse.

I respect your opinion and as a believer I totally agree we have dominion. But damn dude, do you realize how much we've wiped these predators out? Do you really think these hunters have their livelihoods in mind these days or just doing so to sasify their knuckle dragging caveman instincts?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I can tell you for a fact that just possessing a bald or golden eagle feather is a felony. Shooting one will get you 50k fine minimum your license revoked for a lifetime and depending on the judge community service and jail time.

Those kinda penalties sound harsh but simply not killing them should be kinda easy.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'd never shoot an eagle because I was raised better but there is no telling how many birds fell to my Daisy and my Winchester 22 back in my youth. Didn't eat a one. It was simpler times. You rode your bike, fished, or shot ****. That was about all the entertainment we had.

I'll never forget the time my dad wore my azz out for shooting a black bird with my 20 gauge single shot. I was convinced I was gonna hafta eat him all the way home.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I have a nesting pair of Golden Eagles about 50 yards north of my house. They had a single chick two years ago but I never saw a chick last year. Woke up one morning and opened the bedroom blinds to one of them about ten feet from my window. Mom had caught a squirrel and de tailed and deheaded it. She would fly up with the squirrel in her claws and swoop Down across the yard slinging the squirrel. The chick would attack the rolling squirrel. Dad just sat on a fence post watching. This went on for over an hour.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'll never forget the time my dad wore my azz out for shooting a black bird with my 20 gauge single shot. I was convinced I was gonna hafta eat him all the way home.
My dad was a farmer and was pissed if I didn't kill them. It didn't matter what I shot, he was convinced that it was the bird that had pecked his prize tomato in the garden.

• Haha
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I have a nesting pair of Golden Eagles about 50 yards north of my house. They had a single chick two years ago but I never saw a chick last year. Woke up one morning and opened the bedroom blinds to one of them about ten feet from my window. Mom had caught a squirrel and de tailed and deheaded it. She would fly up with the squirrel in her claws and swoop Down across the yard slinging the squirrel. The chick would attack the rolling squirrel. Dad just sat on a fence post watching. This went on for over an hour.
.... Yeah, the thought of blasting these 17ers away gives me a raging Woodrow.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

I know at least some of those big game animals killed in Africa the meat goes to the local village where the guides are from. I'm not going say all of the time this is the case, but I've read it is common practice. Having never been on an African safari I have no clue one way or the other.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

I don't understand why all raptors are federally protected even when not even remotely endangered. In the wireless business we routinely will have some tower that needs work done on it and we can't do anything for months because some osprey or eagle decided to set up camp there for a while. Can't do anything until they're gone.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

Disgusting.
Should spend a minimum of 5 years in jail.
WTF would possess someone to do this ??
I can’t even fathom this !

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I respect your opinion and as a believer I totally agree we have dominion. But damn dude, do you realize how much we've wiped these predators out? Do you really think these hunters have their livelihoods in mind these days or just doing so to sasify their knuckle dragging caveman instincts?
That’s just not so. I hunt out West often and I can tell you that those States take the management of all game animals very seriously. States are broken up into many different management units for each species and tags are allocated each year based on population studies. Seasons and tags are not set each year until after an evaluation of winter kill has been performed. Laws are very strict and penalties are severe and strictly enforced. You want an example? I hunt Wyoming most often and invite you to go to wgfd.Wyoming.gov for a few minutes and take a look at the information available. Look at one of the unit maps for whatever species you are interested in. Look at the harvest surveys and all of the data that is collected. I usually agree with you, but in this case you are way off base. It’s not like hunting around here where you just get a license and take off. Shoot something illegal out there and it will cost you thousands. You will probably end up on the local news and depending on the situation, jail time is not out of the question. If you talk to western ranchers, and I know several, the biggest problems they face in certain areas is from wolves and the exploding grizzly population. Grizzlies are still federally protected regardless of the fact that NW Wyoming is now covered up with them. By their very nature mountain lions have a very large territory and remain spread thin across the West. They are. It really a problem and their population, while difficult to count exactly due to their shy nocturnal behavior, is apparently at numbers that are historically high in many places.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I don't understand why all raptors are federally protected even when not even remotely endangered. In the wireless business we routinely will have some tower that needs work done on it and we can't do anything for months because some osprey or eagle decided to set up camp there for a while. Can't do anything until they're gone.
I read about a free range chicken farm somewhere in south Alabama, we are talking tens of thousands of chickens running loose. They started losing a few chickens a day to a pair of eagles. Over time hundreds of eagles moved in and they were losing thousands of chickens a day and can't do anything about it. They said that the eagles weren't even Eating them anymore, they were just killing for the heck of it.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Here’s a classic example.want to go deer hunting in Wyoming? Here are all the non resident units. There specific buck and doe licenses allocated for each unit. Some units you may be able to draw a license in 2 years and some units may take you over 10 years to draw. You buy license preference points every year to move you up in the pecking order. Then you enter a drawing. Licenses are reduced for 2023 due to the heavy winter kill suffered last winter. I have been accumulating preference points for a mule deer hunt in a specific area for 7 years now. I hope to actually be able to draw in a couple more years. Every species is like this. Most all Western States have something similar. Back to the original comment, someone that would shoot a bald eagle is Not a hunter. They are a criminal. Hunters do more to support and protect wildlife than any other group. They do not shoot eagles. I am a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I invite you to google their organization and look at the fine work they do. Y’all forgive me but I take this stuff seriously and when I see incorrect assumptions being spread it hits my hot button. Mississippi and other Southern States are light years behind the Western States in proper game management.

Attachments

• IMG_6217.jpg
    IMG_6217.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I respect your opinion and as a believer I totally agree we have dominion. But damn dude, do you realize how much we've wiped these predators out?
the North American model of wildlife conservation is what has led to the rebound of these animals. When they were hunted for utilitarian purposes only, they almost went extinct. Sit down before you read this next part…trophy hunting has caused animal populations to grow at sustainable levels.
Want to know something else? Kill a few large boars in an area, and animal populations in that area, including bears will greatly increase.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Stupid. Just egotistical stupidity. His narcissism level must be off the charts.

I won't touch the other species but I don't want to hunt anything that can kill and/or eat me.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
the North American model of wildlife conservation is what has led to the rebound of these animals. When they were hunted for utilitarian purposes only, they almost went extinct. Sit down before you read this next part…trophy hunting has caused animal populations to grow at sustainable levels.
Want to know something else? Kill a few large boars in an area, and animal populations in that area, including bears will greatly increase.
This is very true and even applies to our local white tailed deer herd. When I was growing up if a deer had horns, we shot it. Very few made it past their first set of antlers. Now days, young bucks are protected and many hunters pass up younger 2 and 3 year old bucks. Older bucks now make up a significant portion of the population. That’s a good thing from a biology and hunting perspective. A lot of it comes from educating the hunters and them taking more of an interest in the animals and their habitat.

HotMop

May 8, 2006

Bald Eagles are just buzzards with a better PR team.

- Benjamin Franklin

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Here’s a classic example.want to go deer hunting in Wyoming? Here are all the non resident units. There specific buck and doe licenses allocated for each unit. Some units you may be able to draw a license in 2 years and some units may take you over 10 years to draw. You buy license preference points every year to move you up in the pecking order. Then you enter a drawing. Licenses are reduced for 2023 due to the heavy winter kill suffered last winter. I have been accumulating preference points for a mule deer hunt in a specific area for 7 years now. I hope to actually be able to draw in a couple more years. Every species is like this. Most all Western States have something similar. Back to the original comment, someone that would shoot a bald eagle is Not a hunter. They are a criminal. Hunters do more to support and protect wildlife than any other group. They do not shoot eagles. I am a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I invite you to google their organization and look at the fine work they do. Y’all forgive me but I take this stuff seriously and when I see incorrect assumptions being spread it hits my hot button. Mississippi and other Southern States are light years behind the Western States in proper game management.

Great post. Hunters have done more for wildlife preservation than leftists could fathom.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login