So Braves fans.....

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
They matchup poorly with the Phillies. I know the Braves won the season series but I don’t put much stock in that. I said 3 weeks ago the Braves better hope the Dodgers pass them for the 1st seed or they will have to play Philadelphia in a short series and that’s exactly what happened. Baseball needs to reseed after the wildcard round if they refuse to move to best of 7 for the division round.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Tonight is must win. I don't see them taking two in Philly. One is almost too much to ask as is the way the Phils are playing right now. The layoff has killed the O's and potentially Dodgers and Braves as well.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Didn't choke tonight!!!! Doubling Harper off was priceless!
The hilarious part was Harris throwing to 2nd but they still got him out, when all he had to do was throw to 1st and Harper would’ve been out by a mile

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The Philly’s manager won that game last night. Won it for Atlanta. Knew his starter was gassed, had a reliever completely warm, and waited until it was too late.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
The hilarious part was Harris throwing to 2nd but they still got him out, when all he had to do was throw to 1st and Harper would’ve been out by a mile
Since he was bracing for impact with the wall I doubt he even knew where Harper was. His back was to the infield and I’m sure his thought was just get it in quick to keep the runner at first.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Tonight is must win. I don't see them taking two in Philly. One is almost too much to ask as is the way the Phils are playing right now. The layoff has killed the O's and potentially Dodgers and Braves as well.
The Phillies just don't have the pitching depth. They are very flawed.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
The Phillies just don't have the pitching depth. They are very flawed.
As are the Braves. We don’t know what we are getting from start to start with Fried, Strider or Elder and Uncle Charlie isn’t even on the roster this round.

luckily the Braves have the offense to overcome most nights. You just can’t afford to get shut out by a guy like Ranger Suarez.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
As are the Braves. We don’t know what we are getting from start to start with Fried, Strider or Elder and Uncle Charlie isn’t even on the roster this round.

luckily the Braves have the offense to overcome most nights. You just can’t afford to get shut out by a guy like Ranger Suarez.
Ranger Suarez is an outstanding big game pitcher for the Phillies.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

I think I would go with both Elder and Shawver for game 3. 9 batters each. Then trust the pen, and Strider/Fried for 4 and 5. Gotta go with what brung ya.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
The Braves rode a lights out bullpen to the 21 title.

Last season they were rewarded by an unexpected ace-like season from Wright and the emergence of Strider.

This season they got a Cy Young type season from Strider and an All Star first half from Elder.

the problem is, the Braves have been running on about 2 and a half starters per year and AA chooses to ride with it.

It’s obvious that Fried is not 100% healthy and they’ve gone thru 16 starters this year. The fact that AA has committed robbery to lock up virtually the entire batting lineup and not place any emphasis on the starting FIVE is a bit frustrating.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's a Braves postseason. What else did we expect? And yes, we did win in 2021. But that's 1 WS title in the last 19 postseason appearances.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The Braves rode a lights out bullpen to the 21 title.

Last season they were rewarded by an unexpected ace-like season from Wright and the emergence of Strider.

This season they got a Cy Young type season from Strider and an All Star first half from Elder.

the problem is, the Braves have been running on about 2 and a half starters per year and AA chooses to ride with it.

It’s obvious that Fried is not 100% healthy and they’ve gone thru 16 starters this year. The fact that AA has committed robbery to lock up virtually the entire batting lineup and not place any emphasis on the starting FIVE is a bit frustrating.
Yeah, but, who's he supposed to get? Pitchers better than we have come at the price of highway robbery these days. And he had five, he had Fried, Wright, Strider, Morton, and several good options for 5. Hell, if Morton had gotten hurt one damn day earlier he'd be available (but they didn't have to DL him at all, that looks like a mistake).

What I'm frustrated over is starting Elder over Shawver. Elder hasn't been right for a while, leaving pitches up. ERA near 6.

Well, they still need to beat Strider or Fried. If they can beat Strider twice, they deserve it. If it comes down to Fried in Atlanta, I'm happy with that.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Yeah, but, who's he supposed to get? Pitchers better than we have come at the price of highway robbery these days. And he had five, he had Fried, Wright, Strider, Morton, and several good options for 5. Hell, if Morton had gotten hurt one damn day earlier he'd be available (but they didn't have to DL him at all, that looks like a mistake).

What I'm frustrated over is starting Elder over Shawver. Elder hasn't been right for a while, leaving pitches up. ERA near 6.

Well, they still need to beat Strider or Fried. If they can beat Strider twice, they deserve it. If it comes down to Fried in Atlanta, I'm happy with that.
They had 5 when? The start of spring training? They knew Wright was hurt more than they were letting on and they chose to stand pat and let Fried and Wright miss 3/4 of the season while playing a rotating bunch of losers to cover their spots and the 5th spot.

Shuster, Dodd, Soroka were all terrible. Hell, Yonny Chirinos pitched for a 1/4 of the season. And they babied Shawver.

AA wants to have it both ways by patting himself on the back for these "team friendly" deals he has got going and then shop at the Dollar Tree for pitching and think it's all going to work out.

We will see what he's got now. Wright is done for 24. Morton may or may not be done. Fried is going to walk in FA for nothing if they don't trade him, and Elder is a #5 at best not a 2. Strider may have to pitch 500 innings next season if AA chooses to do his usual routine and ignore the starting staff for yet another season. Hell, maybe Cole Hamels is available. :/

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Crazy thing is we're complaining about pitching when outside of the one atrocious outing, they gave up 3, 4, and 3 runs. You should never go 1-2 with this lineup in that scenario.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Victory Win GIF by Valparaiso University

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Completely different game I think if Pillar scores on that passed ball in the 7th. I get that he absolutely cannot make the 3rd out at the plate, and therefore he didn't risk it (probably didn't get good read on the ball and exercised an abundance of caution), but if that run scores then even more pressure on Kimbrel, less on Acuna, and maybe they keep the rally going.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Crazy thing is we're complaining about pitching when outside of the one atrocious outing, they gave up 3, 4, and 3 runs. You should never go 1-2 with this lineup in that scenario.
Sad that that atrocious inning was completely predictable based on Elder's past month or two of results. And that the lineup happened to disappear after Snitker muddled with it for game 1. He did a terrible job managing that series.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
They had 5 when? The start of spring training? They knew Wright was hurt more than they were letting on and they chose to stand pat and let Fried and Wright miss 3/4 of the season while playing a rotating bunch of losers to cover their spots and the 5th spot.

Shuster, Dodd, Soroka were all terrible. Hell, Yonny Chirinos pitched for a 1/4 of the season. And they babied Shawver.

AA wants to have it both ways by patting himself on the back for these "team friendly" deals he has got going and then shop at the Dollar Tree for pitching and think it's all going to work out.

We will see what he's got now. Wright is done for 24. Morton may or may not be done. Fried is going to walk in FA for nothing if they don't trade him, and Elder is a #5 at best not a 2. Strider may have to pitch 500 innings next season if AA chooses to do his usual routine and ignore the starting staff for yet another season. Hell, maybe Cole Hamels is available. :/
He just doesn't have the budget that Philly has, and there's not been good options available. The playoff structure is imbalancing the market. Morton and Fried weren't cheap, so there's at least some money to replace them. I would imagine Elder and Soroka will be in the rotation. Shawver will be there eventually, but likely not to start the season.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Completely different game I think if Pillar scores on that passed ball in the 7th. I get that he absolutely cannot make the 3rd out at the plate, and therefore he didn't risk it (probably didn't get good read on the ball and exercised an abundance of caution), but if that run scores then even more pressure on Kimbrel, less on Acuna, and maybe they keep the rally going.
Agreed

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Braves blew it, hate it - but now it’s all in on the Fightin Phil’s !!
Makes me want to go get a Delasandro’s cheese steak!

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
To all Braves fans, be thankful you don’t have an incompetent bow tie wearing douche as POBO. He’s the Jerry jones of MLB. Thinks he’s always the smartest guy in the room. He’s a 17ing idiot. Being a cardinals fan, I’d kill to be in the Braves position right now.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Braves need to get rid of Orlando Arcia.

His mouth did nothing but fire up Bryce Harper.

And he was talkin s—*t with Phillies fans, acting childish as hell.

Bring Dansby back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login