So Cohen resigned Halloween weekend, roughly 9 weeks ago. We hired a national search firm.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
We've been through 4 football weekends, an entire bowl season and bowl game, the death of a head coach, hiring of a head coach and now some assistants, 14 basketball games and still no new AD. What's up with that? I kept thinking we were hiring an AD from a school still playing and it would be announced after their final game. We're down to 2 schools, is it someone from one of those? It can't take this long to hire Benko who was the early frontrunner. So what's up, opinions and rumors invited? And don't tell me we waited 9 weeks and hired a national firm just to settle for Bracky Brett

Last edited:
Reactions: cytubb

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
It was reported that the search was in it's final stages, but was paused after Leach's passing. Final interviews were expected to be after the New Year, so we should know soon.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
We've been through 4 football weekends, an entire bowl season and bowl game, the death of a head coach, hiring of a head coach and now some assistants, 14 basketball games and still no new AD. What's up with that? I kept thinking we were hiring an AD from a school still playing and it would be announced after their final game. We're down to 2 schools, is it someone from one of those? It can't take this long to hire Benko who was the early frontrunner. So what's up, opinions and rumors invited? And don't tell me we waited 9 weeks and hired a national firm just to settle for Bracky Brett
Its an administrative position. I don’t think its a big deal.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I have to agree that it's got to be on the back burner. Look at what all has been going on since then. I have never seen Miss State go thru so many changes in such a short period of time. Stabilizing the football program is job one. And I gotta say so far so good. Esp if we hit a HR tomorrow. And AD can wait another 2 weeks

bullygrowl

Sep 29, 2022
I think it was in the final stages. Then we had the tragedy. Admin decides its not fair to the new ad to make this hire and count against him if it doesnt work out. Fill out the staff, new ad announced and has a clean slate to start his job. Just spitballing.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
How smooth have things been going without the intense bastard tinkering with $h!+ constantly?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
How smooth have things been going without the intense bastard tinkering with $h!+ constantly?
Why wait till now to ask questions?

I had a longer post written I deleted, but I just want to know why we were waiting till now to ask? We knew we needed the athletic Director along time ago.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
I just can’t believe they are making some of these hires without an AD okaying them. Brad Peterson hired as associate AD makes me think the AD has been identified and blessing these hires.

Like usual, I am probably wrong.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Do we even need an AD? We've hired a few coaches and put out an offer to an OC already. NIL blew up as soon as Cohen left. Hell, this is going better than the Cohen tenure. He probably would've named Hopson HC.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

WestDawg

Aug 24, 2012
I just can’t believe they are making some of these hires without an AD okaying them. Brad Peterson hired as associate AD makes me think the AD has been identified and blessing these hires.

I believe you may very well be right. I think the finalist(s) at the very least is being kept in the loop. But as others have mentioned, our Prez is taking the lead for this whole process at the moment so as to not force this upon a new AD. I think the changes within the AD office have been approved by the prez with input or at least the new AD is being given notice of all that’s taking place.
the run-up to Signing Day is going to be exciting times for MSU

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Gonna be honest... the only real reason we would need a permanent AD in place right now was if we were trying to truly go out and get a Power 5 (or highly sought after G5) head coach to replace Leach and needed an AD in place to close the deal, but I mean... we have our guy and we potentially have his guys incoming.

We don't have any head coaching vacancies on any of our sports and the only real renovation project in progress or on the horizon is what? The Hump? I feel like Bracky can handle that.

We can afford to take our time and make the right hire. We're not going to lose recruits because we don't have a permanent AD in place.

Reactions: Puppychow

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
It’s the red headed beaver eater that left us to go to Oklahoma but is coming back. She has been missed by a certain Administrative JD.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
I have to agree that it's got to be on the back burner. Look at what all has been going on since then. I have never seen Miss State go thru so many changes in such a short period of time. Stabilizing the football program is job one. And I gotta say so far so good. Esp if we hit a HR tomorrow. And AD can wait another 2 weeks
"Stabilizing the football program is job one". Exactly ... the new AD was not going to have any say in this coaching hire. the hire is complete now, so there is no rush to make an AD hire. i do understand the frustration though.

Reactions: Dawgg

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008

The head football coach makes this hire. Doesn’t matter who the AD is.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Either Rosebowl or Murray said interviews resume next week and we'll resume interviews early next week and likely have a hire by the end of next week.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

Keenum said from the outset it would be end of 22/beginning of 23 when a hire was made.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
It’s the red headed beaver eater that left us to go to Oklahoma but is coming back. She has been missed by a certain Administrative JD.
Hey I heard that chick was cool as hell. I had a friend tell me she could hang with anyone in a bourbon drinking competition.

Reactions: Dawgg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Pics, or she didn't exist......Just an opinion from ClintoninHelen doesn't count because he'll "hit" anything

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's the AD, not a coach. There is no real reason to move fast for an administrative position.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login