So Dak needs surgery on his throwing hand

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I don't know but with injuries last few seasons and poor offensive performances folks in Dallas will want to dump him for some one else that can't win it all either.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
I don't know but with injuries last few seasons and poor offensive performances folks in Dallas will want to dump him for some one else that can't win it all either.

Well his dead cap is 89 million next year and 40 million in 2024, so I can't see him not being a cowboy for a while

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
7-10 more years, barring a catastrophic injury to his throwing shoulder or something of that nature. Brady missed an entire season due to injury once. I’d love to see Dak take the Drew Brees career path, find a new team, and start his HOF path there (technically already started, but you know what I mean).

Dak needs to be with a good organization. Would like to see him go somewhere with a good front office. Somewhere like the Saints, Titans, or Steelers would be nice.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
They did nothing to improve their offensive line and w/r corp and it showed. Tyler Smith will eventually be a very good lineman but as a rookie will take some lumps. The Jones put all their money in Elliot’s pocket and it’s costing them now. I love Dak, he’s a worked extremely hard in becoming a very good QB but w/o offensive weapons (cooper, Wilson and Gallup) and a weak O-line it doesn’t matter how good you are your not going to win. It’s gonna be a long year for Dallas.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is probably not a popular take, but as long as he recovers fully I'm glad this happened.

I watched quietly all off-season thinking maybe Cowboys management was better than it seemed. Last night put on full display just how pathetic they are at actually running a football team. Promotion, pretty genius, but no clue otherwise.

If Dak was in there the next few weeks, he'd be getting a lion's share of blame. Now I get to sit and watch the Cowboys implode with the **** roster the Joneses have built and Dak will just look better and better.

I give them credit for paying him, but otherwise their decision making is awful.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
This is probably not a popular take, but as long as he recovers fully I'm glad this happened.

I watched quietly all off-season thinking maybe Cowboys management was better than it seemed. Last night put on full display just how pathetic they are at actually running a football team. Promotion, pretty genius, but no clue otherwise.

If Dak was in there the next few weeks, he'd be getting a lion's share of blame. Now I get to sit and watch the Cowboys implode with the **** roster the Joneses have built and Dak will just look better and better.

I give them credit for paying him, but otherwise their decision making is awful.

It is amazing how much draft talent fell right into their laps, and they've done nothing with it (Parsons, Lamb, Dak).

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
It is amazing how much draft talent fell right into their laps, and they've done nothing with it (Parsons, Lamb, Dak).

Lamb? He's not any good. He's barely a #2 WR talent. Dallas has little talent outside a couple players. It's middle of the pack at best. If they were in another division, they'd have a playoff drought going. Dak might not be a top 5 QB but he's certainly in that top 10 discussion based on what he's done.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Lamb? He's not any good. He's barely a #2 WR talent. Dallas has little talent outside a couple players. It's middle of the pack at best. Dak might not be a top 5 QB but he's certainly in that top 10 discussion based on what he's done.

That **** just isn’t true. It’s not Lamb’s talent that is even remotely in question. He’s far more gifted as an athlete than Amari Cooper is / was, and is probably a Top 5 WR in the league in terms of measurables and raw ability. What is certainly in question is his ability between the ears to evolve into an alpha receiver at the NFL level. The jury is still out on that one.

Last edited:

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Lamb? He's not any good. He's barely a #2 WR talent. Dallas has little talent outside a couple players. It's middle of the pack at best. If they were in another division, they'd have a playoff drought going. Dak might not be a top 5 QB but he's certainly in that top 10 discussion based on what he's done.

3 playoff wins since 1996 and they've missed the playoffs in 15 of those years. That's pretty close to a playoff drought to me.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
3 playoff wins since 1996 and they've missed the playoffs in 15 of those years. That's pretty close to a playoff drought to me.

Cowboys diehard here but what GM in any sport would still have a job after that track record? It's so disfuncional and probably will continue with Stephen once Jerah fully turns it over.

I was at the game yesterday and it's more like a carnival atmosphere or concert event than it is a freaking football game. Jerah knows how to make money but he can't GM.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
They did nothing to improve their offensive line and w/r corp and it showed. Tyler Smith will eventually be a very good lineman but as a rookie will take some lumps. The Jones put all their money in Elliot’s pocket and it’s costing them now. I love Dak, he’s a worked extremely hard in becoming a very good QB but w/o offensive weapons (cooper, Wilson and Gallup) and a weak O-line it doesn’t matter how good you are your not going to win. It’s gonna be a long year for Dallas.

^ This!

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
At the rate he's getting chipped up, that'll all depend on if the Cowboys' ever get a GM and a coach that knows how to put a quality OL together. I hope he has another 5+ years.

As much of a Dallas fan I am, I'll always be more about Dak (or any other MSU alum for that matter). I'd much rather see him go to a franchise that could leverage his abilities and protect him. Dallas ain't doing that

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Agreed. If the Jones’ had any sense, they would try and deal Elliott for a 2nd day draft pick right the 17 now, just so they get something for him as opposed to being forced into releasing him next offseason. They’d also be well served to start shopping Demarcus Lawrence around for any takers just to see what they would get. They were already behind the 8-ball before Dak’s hand injury, but this is now officially a lost year in Big D. Of course, we all know Jerry has way too much hubris to come to grips with this reality and actually do anything proactive, .so we will see them go down with the ship like they always do.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
On the bright side, he can make it to all our games now and fire up the team. Also, he can ring a cowbell in his good hand. We seem to do better when Dak is in the house.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Once you realize that Dallas makes the same amount of money, relatively speaking, whether they win or lose, it all makes sense.

It's the #1 NFL franchise at $8B. It's the #1 in all of American sports. Yankees are #2.

Winning isn't the business plan.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Once you realize that Dallas makes the same amount of money, relatively speaking, whether they win or lose, it all makes sense.

It's the #1 NFL franchise at $8B. It's the #1 in all of American sports. Yankees are #2.

Winning isn't the business plan.

The cowboys make the playoffs most every year.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Completely agree and have stated that on this very board. Let Stephen A and the rest mock the Cowboys -- it all still rings like the sound of "cha-ching" -- win or lose

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
That's because winning the SB is "incremental value" to the current highly-lucrative BP

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
That **** just isn’t true. It’s not Lamb’s talent that is even remotely in question. He’s far more gifted as an athlete than Amari Cooper is / was, and is probably a Top 5 WR in the league in terms of measurables and raw ability. What is certainly in question is his ability between the ears to evolve into an alpha receiver at the NFL level. The jury is still out on that one.

Just judging on what he's able to do on the field, he's a solid #2. Without Cooper, when he's been the #1 WR on the field and thus drawn more focus from the D, he hasn't been productive. He's not a #1.

Dropping Cooper wasn't that bad a move, but not complimenting it by picking up a solid #2 or #3 WR was a bone head move, especially with Gallup out. Jurruh.

Palos verdes

Aug 22, 2012
Dallas has screwed Dak. Last year he had over 400 yards passing against the Bucs and would have won the game had the kicker not missed 2 field goals. No one wants to be a qb at Dallas right now.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
He made sure division champs make the playoffs? Dak and the cowboys have it 3 times - all as east champs.

Go back a few more years. Jerrah was a proponent of playoff expansion when Dallas was going .500 since their last Super Bowl. It was the only way to keep the franchise relevant in the playoffs

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just judging on what he's able to do on the field, he's a solid #2. Without Cooper, when he's been the #1 WR on the field and thus drawn more focus from the D, he hasn't been productive. He's not a #1.

Dropping Cooper wasn't that bad a move, but not complimenting it by picking up a solid #2 or #3 WR was a bone head move, especially with Gallup out. Jurruh.

Bingo. At least the Dallas fans around me will have some QB other than Dak to focus on. Whoever it is can show that it is NOT the QB at fault when there is nobody getting open enough to throw to or how to make a back shoulder catch.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
That's because winning the SB is "incremental value" to the current highly-lucrative BP

100% great take Mr. Cook^

Also, what some may forget about (especially my fellow Cowboys fans) is that the league has changed a lot in the front office strategy and operations since the 90s SB teams. The 90s Cowboys SB teams had the triplets AND the #1, #3 and #10 Defenses in the entire NFL! You simply can't construct that team anymore....and why you ask? It's mainly because of Jerah and his push for the salary cap. He thought it would make the owners more money (which it has) but his hubris led him to believe he could still dominate simply because he was the Cowboys.

What he didn't realize probably for years is that the salary cap drastically changed the league by putting a premium on hitting on multiple later round draft picks that could contribute at a low cost. Roster management also became a huge priority and competitive advantage. Dallas never had to overly concern themselves with this during the 90s SB runs. They went out and got who they wanted like the Niners at the time. If Dallas didn't have Will Mclay today they would still be light years behind other front offices....now they are just disfunctional. The idea that Jerah can be owner and then matching wits as a GM with other front offices is beyond delusional but that's what we are stuck with indefinitely especially with his son right behind him.

So, while some may enjoy their Heaping dish of Cowboys hate you may want to thank Jerah for creating a more competitive and level playing field for the league that has given formerly irrelevant franchises and expansion teams opportunities to win SBs.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Dak fan, not a huge Cowboys fan. I was until Jerry started the drama but they were always #2 to muh Bears who looked good yesterday.

I just don't understand how other teams can manage the salary cap and figure out get good wide receivers but Dallas can't because they...paid...one...player.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Dak fan, not a huge Cowboys fan. I was until Jerry started the drama but they were always #2 to muh Bears who looked good yesterday.

I just don't understand how other teams can manage the salary cap and figure out get good wide receivers but Dallas can't because they...paid...one...player.

Probably worth noting they have 2 WRs hurt - Gallup and Washington

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I can promise the money is not going to help Jerry where he is going. No offense cowboy fans but you had to know.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012

Plus--he won't be injured worse--much punishment is coming the Dallas QBs way

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012

He leads the world in drops and he can't get open. He isn't good. He doesn't compare to Cooper. Cooper is simply crazy and sometimes lazy. But he's one of the best route runners in football, plus he can fly. Lamb is nothing. There's a reason he slid a little in the draft.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
the Boys have a penalty problem. Steel had 5 flags thrown on Him. You can't win when you are flagged for holding on every drive.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Think if they weren't in that division. It would be non-existent.

They've been the #1 overall seed twice in that period which doesn't get you a playoff win but it does give you a bye. Of course, they crapped their pants to an Eli led Giant team that they swept in the regular season and then lost to a Packers team. Also of note was the BS catch/no catch call up in Lambeau.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login