Nov 16, 2005

⚡️

“We are never losing to that team up North again.” - Jeff Lebby

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Let's just hope he doesn't start training for a marathon

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No. It's not. It's good, but Dan had 6 years coaching at elite programs in Utah and Tennessee and was part of teams that won 2 national championships and 3 NY6 bowl games.
Yep, 8 years under Swervin Urban told you immediately that this guy was going to work. You don't hang around that long under those type coaches and not be good. Similar to Smart being under Saban for like 8 years.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Dan was QB coach for most of those years under Meyer. He was only promoted to OC in 2005 at Florida. Lebby has six years of OC experience at four different schools. All of those schools have had top offenses during his time at OC.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Dan was QB coach for most of those years under Meyer. He was only promoted to OC in 2005 at Florida. Lebby has six years of OC experience at four different schools. All of those schools have had top offenses during his time at OC.
That's how it works. Urban ran the offense until he trained Mullen.

And I'd venture to say that Lebby didn't really call his own offense until he got to Oklahoma.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
That's how it works. Urban ran the offense until he trained Mullen.

And I'd venture to say that Lebby didn't really call his own offense until he got to Oklahoma.
He called his own plays at Ole Miss. He had some restrictions his first year, Kiffin called 4th down stuff and the occasional goal line play. Year 2 was all Lebby. I'm not sure about UCF, think it was similar to Ole Miss.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
No. It's not. It's good, but Dan had 6 years coaching at elite programs in Utah and Florida and was part of teams that won 2 national championships and 3 NY6 bowl games.
All under the same guy and not all as the OC. Dan was OC for 3 years before coming here. 14 years as a coach period. 21 for Lebby with 6 years as an OC. But ya know....whatever you think. The national championship part is true enough but at BG snd Utah he was only QB coach

Last edited:

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
No. It's not. It's good, but Dan had 6 years coaching at elite programs in Utah and Florida and was part of teams that won 2 national championships and 3 NY6 bowl games.
Mullen had
Bowling green - MAC
Utah - Mountain West

4 years at mid major as QB coach

Florida - SEC
4 years at as OC/QB coach

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login