So here is one for obscure sports....

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
One I happen to keep up with since I'm of Irish descent: Clare defeated Cork to win the All Ireland Hurling Final. Cork is a historical power, Clare is NOT. I take it as meaning there is hope for MSU yet!

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
One I happen to keep up with since I'm of Irish descent: Clare defeated Cork to win the All Ireland Hurling Final. Cork is a historical power, Clare is NOT. I take it as meaning there is hope for MSU yet!
My Irish ancestors are from Northern Tipperary by the way. Tipperary is another power in hurling, sadly not this year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I have a Guinness Hurling T-Shirt. It says “The Sport for Irish Heroes”

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Speaking of obscure, they are saying breaking is done with and won't be back. That was awkward cringe

Reactions: Darryl Steight

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
With all the bullsh*t sports that are in the Olympics, how are baseball, softball, & lacrosse not?
Pretty much because they aren’t popular in Europe and Africa. Baseball has the biggest argument to be included but it’s also at a horrible time to play for the Olympics.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
One step closer to pickleball.
Mind blowing stat: I saw an article recently where the number of pickleball players in the US has passed golfers now at somewhere over 40M. I guess the stats can vary depending on the source. I knew it had passed tennis a couple of years ago... but damn there are a lot of golfers around. That's wild if accurate.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Mind blowing stat: I saw an article recently where the number of pickleball players in the US has passed golfers now at somewhere over 40M. I guess the stats can vary depending on the source. I knew it had passed tennis a couple of years ago... but damn there are a lot of golfers around. That's wild if accurate.
In my city there was an uproar that they had budgeted for a skateboard park, they were able to get it passed by adding pickleball courts to the plans.

What a great combo, pickleball and skateboarding.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
In my city there was an uproar that they had budgeted for a skateboard park, they were able to get it passed by adding pickleball courts to the plans.

Next up in the Olympics biathlon: pickleskating. Or maybe skatepickling.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

Did this about a month ago. Had a blast.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Squash instead of skateboarding seems odd.
Skateboarding is not going away. As of right now, the only sports that are not returning our breaking and boxing believe it or not. The Olympic Committee got away from using the IBA as their governing body and they have nothing to replace it at the moment

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Reactions: aTotal360

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Skateboarding is not going away. As of right now, the only sports that are not returning our breaking and boxing believe it or not. The Olympic Committee got away from using the IBA as their governing body and they have nothing to replace it at the moment
We have a really nice park next to our house that was completed about 3 years ago. A turf field with football, soccer, and lacrosse lines. 4 Tennis courts (which now have pickleball lines). 3 multipurpose grass fields. A 1.5 mile walking track. Fishing pond. And a skatepark which is always packed with kids. Not a single baseball field and no one is pushing for one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login