So I have a question about

Status
Not open for further replies.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Recruiting staffers and players. The death of the two UGA kids has me pondering some things.

How often to recruiting staff members and freshman football players hang out? Seems kind of odd that those two were in a car together at those hours of the night.

Maybe this question is in bad taste at this exact moment, but I’m genuinely curious as to the relationship that recruiting staffers have to the actual team.

Reactions: aTotal360

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Recruiting staffers and players. The death of the two UGA kids has me pondering some things.

How often to recruiting staff members and freshman football players hang out? Seems kind of odd that those two were in a car together at those hours of the night.

Maybe this question is in bad taste at this exact moment, but I’m genuinely curious as to the relationship that recruiting staffers have to the actual team.
I don’t know any specifics of this situation, but it is common for staff members to give rides to players for certain things if it is remotely tied to athletics/school/medical.

Reactions: drumrcraig

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
I saw somewhere that there was a parade or some kind of celebration earlier that day. Possibly staffers were designated drivers or something of that nature for players? Just pure speculation

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't think it takes much to add 2 + 2 together and figure out what was going on there. It goes on at most schools. Still a terrible tragedy.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Have any of you seen the recruiting analyst ? I'm gonna guess no. Maybe her dad was a coach and she has a high football IQ. Obviously she has some talents tho. Or had

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

It’s in bad taste.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011

There were 4 in the car. 24 yr old staff member, 20 yr old player and 21 and 26 yr old unnamed occupants. Car left road hit 2 power poles and several trees according to reports over here. No other car listed as being involved. Sad situation.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

I’m not going to bash you for the post. You are saying what a lot of people are thinking. It’s a fair question.

First it’s tragic and I hate it for all the families involved. And yes, it’s an awkward situation as well. Looks like the “recruiting coordinator” could have been enjoying a night out on the town with the player. The wreck was at 2:45am, so I’m just assuming here. Regardless, there will have to be some tough questions asked and answered. IMO the university could be in trouble here. Especially is she was “assigned” to be with the player. Again, none of us know the details, but there is a laundry list of things that could lead to some big legal battles.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I tried to go to the UGA Board and express condolences thru this ON 3 Site but it was premium. Couldn't even read the posts once you opened a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login