Oct 27, 2016
1: Michigan
2: Washington
3: ???
4: ???
As of NOW, waiting on FSU's game

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
If Florida State is in, they’ll be 4. Absolutely the worst team in the top 8 right now.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
FSU will win, I'll preface this by saying I really value on the field results. I'm not into beauty contests......
1: Michigan
2: Washington
3: Florida State
4: Texas
First team out : Alabama
Second team out: Georgia

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
They lost to Texas. It’s not Right but that’s where it is.
They lost to Texas IN TUSCALOOSA. That HAS to matter. Bama can not get in over Texas or the whole thing is absolutely crap. The debate is FSU vs Bama. FSU is 13-0 and won the conference. Again, you have to take them over Bama or there is no credibility in the process.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
But Texas beat them head to head, IN TUSCALOOSA. If that doesn't matter then the whole process is rigged. The debate isn't Texas vs Bama. It's Bama vs FSU. FSU is undefeated.
The goal is to get the 4 best teams in right?

the 4 best teams are probably Texas, Bama, Michigan and washington

as of today anyways

Reactions: Perd Hapley

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The goal is to get the 4 best teams in right?

the 4 best teams are probably Texas, Bama, Michigan and washington

as of today anyways
As I see it the goal should be the best four on the field results. To me that means the SEC is out. We all know the SEC was down this year....it fits.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
As I see it the goal should be the best four on the field results. To me that means the SEC is out. We all know the SEC was down this year....it fits.
We all know that if Texas was played in the sec they’d have 2 losses

Reactions: AROB44

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
But they still lost in Tuscaloosa to Texas. Texas clearly gets in ahead of Alabama. The debate is FSU-Bama. FSU is 13-0. Bama is 12-1.
You keep saying the same thing but Texas also lost to Oklahoma

Oklahoma wasn’t really good

• Love
Reactions: AROB44

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
The CFP is illegitimate if there isn’t an SEC team in it. Mickey Mouse title.
Then the SEC should have sacked up and had truly the undisputed best with an undefeated conference champ. 'bama in all their referee-endorsed glory still crapped the bed, at home, against Texas. Doesn't matter if it happened in September or November.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Explain how FSU’s on-field results are better than either Bama or Texas? The best win FSU had was #13 LSU. Texas had the worst loss of any CFP contender. That was to #12 Oklahoma.

So, in summary, the worst loss of any team in the CFP hunt was to a team that was still better than any team that FSU played. That totally blows their “but we were undefeated!1!!1” argument out of the water.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Explain how FSU’s on-field results are better than either Bama or Texas? The best win FSU had was #13 LSU. Texas had the worst loss of any CFP contender. That was to #12 Oklahoma.

So, in summary, the worst loss of any team in the CFP hunt was to a team that was still better than any team that FSU played. That totally blows their “but we were undefeated!1!!1” argument out of the water.
They are 13-0 Greg. Actual football results on the field should and do matter.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Typed something more substantial and for some reason Sixpack auto refreshed and deleted it, which has happened a lot lately. Summary was that everyone can get their panties in a wad all night, but it’s all circular. I think it’ll come down to Bama vs FSU for the last spot

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Typed something more substantial and for some reason Sixpack auto refreshed and deleted it, which has happened a lot lately. Summary was that everyone can get their panties in a wad all night, but it’s all circular. I think it’ll come down to Bama vs FSU for the last spot
It will, Texas is on because the beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. FSU is 13-0, Bama is 12-1 to a team that is undoubtedly in the playoff. To me that says Bama had their shot:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
They are 13-0 Greg. Actual football results on the field should and do matter.
Dunno who Greg is, but 13-0 doesn’t matter if all 13 teams are worse than whoever actually beat any CFP contender team. It makes their 13-0 no different than UCF’s 13-0 from about 6 years ago, Boise State’s 13-0 from 2006 or Tulane’s 13-0 from the 90’s. They didn’t play anyone. Played zero Top 12 CFP teams all year.

They just played a conference championship game against a team that lost to Kentucky last week, FFS.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
It will, Texas is on because the beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. FSU is 13-0, Bama is 12-1 to a team that is undoubtedly in the playoff. To me that says Bama had their shot:
Yeah, I mean, people could argue that Bama gets in over Texas because Texas had a worse loss (despite Bama’s loss being to…. Texas). But then you could argue that since Bama is over Texas that Georgia actually had the best loss since it was to Bama, and that puts them over Bama. Except OSU had the best loss of them all (undisputedly) to Michigan. So you start getting into the value of head to head, SOS, and conference championships, and none of that is really defined, so you go in circles

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
All that I have left to say on the subject is I am really very glad I am not on the Selection Committe. There’s absolutely no answer to this situation unless they can somehow begin the 12 team playoff this season.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
The sec was down this year...compared to the sec in past years. That doesn't mean that bama and GA aren't better than any of the other teams in consideration right now.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, I mean, people could argue that Bama gets in over Texas because Texas had a worse loss (despite Bama’s loss being to…. Texas). But then you could argue that since Bama is over Texas that Georgia actually had the best loss since it was to Bama, and that puts them over Bama. Except OSU had the best loss of them all (undisputedly) to Michigan. So you start getting into the value of head to head, SOS, and conference championships, and none of that is really defined, so you go in circles
There’s going to be an explosion of people who are fans of one team or the other. I still like to think that they were all sitting around, throwing darts at targets on the wall with names on them to decide who wins and goes to the playoffs and who’s going to be pissed off. Glad it’s not us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login