So just how bad are we?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Don't worry, it'll all even out. We've got plenty of easy series in front of us, starting with 23-2 South Carolina next weekend.

We'll definitely make up serious ground in the stretch @ Tennessee, vs Arkansas and @ LSU.

Blue skies ahead...

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We Suck Lisa Kudrow GIF by The Comeback HBO

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
We're pretty bad. But.....IMO, we may be playing the #1 team in the nation. Vandy is really good. That combination gives us the blowout scores we're seeing. It's gonna take several years to regain being competitive even if we do change coaching staffs.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Well to be fair, Vandy’s Runs Scored is a little skewed since they have batted against the pitching staffs of the 2 teams at the bottom!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: patdog

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
State wins a Natty, gets killed with pitching injuries next season
OM wins a Natty, gets killed with pitching injuries next season.
Those 17rs copy us every chance, every way.

This is some odd Raleigh curse. NC St feels claims they were cheated in 2021 and we win it. Same thing with Ole Miss last year getting the last at large bid when NCSU thought had it.

Win a natty with NCSU claiming they were a screwed & you get cursed with some voodoo that destroys pitching staffs and eventually your program.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
We're pretty bad. But.....IMO, we may be playing the #1 team in the nation. Vandy is really good. That combination gives us the blowout scores we're seeing. It's gonna take several years to regain being competitive even if we do change coaching staffs.
I believe USCe leads nation in homers and are sitting 23-2 coming in - likely 27-2 after midweek game and midweek competition next weekend

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
But in all seriousness I expect this team to turn it around and get a win streak started. 1 win. Then we will hit SC. But Samford better look out

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is some odd Raleigh curse. NC St feels claims they were cheated in 2021 and we win it. Same thing with Ole Miss last year getting the last at large bid when NCSU thought had it.

Win a natty with NCSU claiming they were a screwed & you get cursed with some voodoo that destroys pitching staffs and eventually your program.

Where was it that Foxhall came from??

Boosh

Sep 14, 2017
I'm having a difficult time remembering if we have ever had a baseball team this bad. I don't think we have in my 54 years of being alive. If we were always bad it wouldn't be so demoralizing, but to have "the Carnegie Hall of baseball" - what a 17ng joke.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
A couple more stats:

The first three in the lineup in SEC games are batting .162.

We have given up more runs than hits in ALL 6 SEC games.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well, that's part of the problem. You'd think winning a Natty would improve our recruiting.
Recruiting is largely effort too. Cohen sold Lemonis on his recruiting, so yeah, I figured the natty would propel an already good recruiter out of the stratosphere, and perhaps we could recruit like Alabama football. Maybe that was our identity, I thought to myself.

It appears though, that it is not. We'd be better served recruiting tougher players. Cohen understood this.

I don't know what Lemonis issue was, whether he was lazy or if COVID evals got him. Maybe both. But I know when your players suck it makes everything worse. This is no easy fix, so that's why I think he will get next year to use the freshmen (2024 sophomores), and hopefully add some folks from the portal or JUCO, to get back to 2011 level. This year reminds me a lot of 2010, when Stratton/Bracewell/Gravemen were freshmen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login