So MLB pitcher blames baseballs for

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
his teammates being hit so many times this year….Mets pitcher Chris Bassitt says the baseballs are bad but MLB doesn’t care. He doesn’t say exactly what is wrong with them. Could this be the reason we walk so many batters?**** Or maybe it is the reason some of the baseballs we hit just make it to the warning track instead of going over the fence?****. Someone needs to get in touch with Rawlings and get this fixed. If not fixed it could cost us a regional and another trip to Omaha.

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
So last year they used 2 different balls one "live" and one "dead". This year they are using the dead ball that is less bouncy and has has more drag. I read somewhere that HRs are down almost 30% from last year. Is there a more out of touch entity than Major League Baseball?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
his teammates being hit so many times this year….Mets pitcher Chris Bassitt says the baseballs are bad but MLB doesn’t care. He doesn’t say exactly what is wrong with them. Could this be the reason we walk so many batters?**** Or maybe it is the reason some of the baseballs we hit just make it to the warning track instead of going over the fence?****. Someone needs to get in touch with Rawlings and get this fixed. If not fixed it could cost us a regional and another trip to Omaha.

When you've seen your teammates get hit in the head multiple times this year, you're gonna say something.

Pete Alonso got hit in the head last night and it broke his damn helmet. It's the second time he's been hit in the head this year. And for all the talk about bad baseballs, it's mostly the Mets getting hit. They've been hit 18 times in 18 games or something like that.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Without question and without sarcasm on my part, getting HBP is a serious issue. It seems the Mets are going to once again lead the league this season in HBP. Perhaps some of it can be attributed to the plate approach taken by some of the Mets? Blaming the ball seems a little lame to me especially when the HBP rate is much higher than most other MLB teams.

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
Without question and without sarcasm on my part, getting HBP is a serious issue. It seems the Mets are going to once again lead the league this season in HBP. Perhaps some of it can be attributed to the plate approach taken by some of the Mets? Blaming the ball seems a little lame to me especially when the HBP rate is much higher than most other MLB teams.

I am obviously not a major leaguer so my opinion doesn't mean much but it seems to me that the crackdown on pitchers using spidertack, pinetar, sunscreen, etc. would have a bigger effect on control than anything

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login