So much history with Jim Carmody…

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
thanks alot. i had managed to drink that play away from my memory. 11 plays , inside the ten yard line....i had forgotten all about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Two true stories. He was in the 1001 bar back in the day at the then Ramada Renaissance on County line road. I was in there to meet a young lady and Coach and I were talking. He gets a call from the bar phone and listens and then hangs up. He came back and said well I just lost out in the dream job he always wanted. Then he said y’all just hired Jackie 17 Sherrill. He thought he had the job because he didn’t think State had the money to hire Jackie Wayne.

Back in 1998 I was putting in the 18th green at St Andrews and I look up and see Coach. I said Coach Carmandy… what the 17 are you doing here … He said to play golf you stupid MF…. I started laughing and then he bought me drinks at the bar right off the 18th fairway. He remembered the time at rhe 1001 club.

6 months ago I see him at George Blue in Madison up at the bar. I hadn’t seen him since the St Andrews time and when he saw me he called me by my name and said what the 17 r u doing in here. We both laughed and drank bourbon for 2 hours. Then he paid the tab and went to his place at St Catherines where he lived with his wife. Coach was so damn mean and bad *** looking… that people were always scared to talk to him.

He was a great guy and loved to talk football and golf. RIP COACH.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Two true stories. He was in the 1001 bar back in the day at the then Ramada Renaissance on County line road. I was in there to meet a young lady and Coach and I were talking. He gets a call from the bar phone and listens and then hangs up. He came back and said well I just lost out in the dream job he always wanted. Then he said y’all just hired Jackie 17 Sherrill. He thought he had the job because he didn’t think State had the money to hire Jackie Wayne.

Back in 1998 I was putting in the 18th green at St Andrews and I look up and see Coach. I said Coach Carmandy… what the 17 are you doing here … He said to play golf you stupid MF…. I started laughing and then he bought me drinks at the bar right off the 18th fairway. He remembered the time at rhe 1001 club.

6 months ago I see him at George Blue in Madison up at the bar. I hadn’t seen him since the St Andrews time and when he saw me he called me by my name and said what the 17 r u doing in here. We both laughed and drank bourbon for 2 hours. Then he paid the tab and went to his place at St Catherines where he lived with his wife. Coach was so damn mean and bad *** looking… that people were always scared to talk to him.

He was a great guy and loved to talk football and golf. RIP COACH.
So which of those three stories is a lie?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login