So Myles Brennan finally gonna get his shot at LSU, he's out of the portal....

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
....and Max Johnson is going to aTm, after Calzada leaves. And more rumors that the other aTm guy is headed out too. Meanwhile Nix is still out there.

I'm not sure why Ole Miss doesn't just take Nix, but that's probably a worse situation than Auburn.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
....and Max Johnson is going to aTm, after Calzada leaves. And more rumors that the other aTm guy is headed out too. Meanwhile Nix is still out there.

I'm not sure why Ole Miss doesn't just take Nix, but that's probably a worse situation than Auburn.

They can't "take" anybody that doesn't want to be there.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
They can't "take" anybody that doesn't want to be there.
Seems as good of a place as any to bump this link: https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/sho...f-OM-football-probation&p=1937166#post1937166

Looks like the only thing I missed was that Lane would be gone, and Lord knows he tried. We also flipped their recruits and batted like .800 against them. So yeah, it's a bad situation and no one wants to take over for Corral.

But immediate PT is always an attractive thing.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Ya think Nix is holding out for a better offer ?? Like from who ? Bama? Ohio State ? Miami ?
I don't know, but somebody at Auburn must have really treated him badly for him to walk away from a starting job at his family school with so many ties. And for just one more year.

I wonder if his deal at Milo's went bad or something.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Starting QB from one team in the SEC West in 2021 just dipping out to be the starter for another SEC West team in 2022.

#1 recruit in the nation signs with freaking Jackson State just to get some absurd 7-figure NIL coin, will be there for a year (maybe) before entering the portal and cashing in another big check somewhere else next year. Then probably rinse / repeat again one more time before the NFL draft.

What a 17ing joke college football has become.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I agree with that 100%. I thought it was strange and I doubt anybody is tripping over themselves for him. OM seems like a likely spot after they realize they missed on the big names

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
If he’s going to miss the Spring rehabbing that ankle, he’s not worth bringing in for a year.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I'm not sure why Ole Miss doesn't just take Nix

Cameron Ward, one of the top quarterbacks in the FCS ranks over the past two seasons, visited Ole Miss over the weekend to see what the Rebels and coach Lane Kiffin have to offer. Ward has quickly become among the most sought after signal callers in the transfer portal. Ward has reported offers from Indiana, North Texas and Houston. He's also hearing from a number of other FBS programs. This fall, Ward led all FCS passers at Incarnate Word (San Antonio, Texas) with 47 touchdowns to go along with 4,648 yards (third nationally) and a 65% completion rate. Other schools reaching out to Ward include: West Virginia, Florida, Auburn, Nebraska, Troy, Texas State, Western Kentucky and Liberty.

Aug 22, 2012
That kid, Brennan, is not a leader of men. You can tell just by looking at him. I remember watching him warm up against us in the 2020 opener and thinking, I like our chances against this kid.

codeDawg

Nov 13, 2007
What a 17ing joke college football has become.

It’s been a joke for a long time. The money has changed everything, but people want to act like giving players some of it will ruin their precious favorite sport.

It’s already ruined. There is no regulation so people with resources dominate and get whatever they want. It’s not competitive. It’s not fair to the players or the fans.

The SEC needs to sign on a few more teams and just blow the whole thing up and create a semi-pro league with pro-competition rules and more equally distributed financials.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
It’s been a joke for a long time. The money has changed everything, but people want to act like giving players some of it will ruin their precious favorite sport.

It’s already ruined. There is no regulation so people with resources dominate and get whatever they want. It’s not competitive. It’s not fair to the players or the fans.

The SEC needs to sign on a few more teams and just blow the whole thing up and create a semi-pro league with pro-competition rules and more equally distributed financials.

Agreed. And make no mistake…there are issues abound with NIL. But the real issues arise with the new transfer rules to where you have this garbage like with Quin Ewers and soon to be the JSU kid (not a chance in hell he finishes out his eligibility there). Kids getting paid AND not having to sit at all for transferring (even if its within the same division of the same conference) has turned college football into basically fantasy football for the wealthiest 10-15 programs. They pay out the *** for great signees, then cut the busts and go pay out the *** again for transfers on other school’s rosters. Now they are in process of blowing up the scholarship limits and setting all sorts of loopholes to get around the annual signing limits too.

If it was just simply players getting paid legally but everything else as it was, you still have to identify talent and develop it, and you still have to operate within some form of constraints that set fairness and parity. But that’s not the case….its just a free for all at all times.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
They really need to change the transfer rule so a player has to sit out a year, no exceptions. That year wouldn't count towards their 5 years to play 4 so they don't lose a year of eligibility if they're already redshirted. No real harm to the player, but the year out would cut down some on the number of transfers.

SaintsDoc

Apr 24, 2016
That kid, Brennan, is not a leader of men. You can tell just by looking at him. I remember watching him warm up against us in the 2020 opener and thinking, I like our chances against this kid.

terrible take; it was nonexistent defense that cost them the game. He had decent stats

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login