So obviously the B1G is overrated….

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Michigan hasn’t really played anybody either. Even if they come back, pretty much proven they are a pretender.

Looking like Alabama got screwed. This is why you can’t just go by record. 12 teamer can’t get here soon enough.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Michigan hasn’t really played anybody either. Even if they come back, pretty much proven they are a pretender.

Looking like Alabama got screwed. This is why you can’t just go by record. 12 teamer can’t get here soon enough.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t have a big problem with conference champions being over seeded. As long as it doesn’t force better conferences to have teams face off earlier.
Yep, and we at least know all the right teams are included.

chuckster is just my little troll doll, pay no mind to him. I mean he listens to Sallee, kinda have to feel sorry for him

DecadeReb2

Jul 2, 2021
I don’t have a big problem with conference champions being over seeded. As long as it doesn’t force better conferences to have teams face off earlier.
I would have a huge problem with a very average Clemson team being the 3 seed. It gives a huge advantage to a team who has done nothing to deserve it. It also will encourage Clemson to continue to play a soft schedule.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Yep, and we at least know all the right teams are included.

chuckster is just my little troll doll, pay no mind to him. I mean he listens to Sallee, kinda have to feel sorry for him

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I would have a huge problem with a very average Clemson team being the 3 seed. It gives a huge advantage to a team who has done nothing to deserve it. It also will encourage Clemson to continue to play a soft schedule.
I think the conference champs should have auto bids but that’s it. Let the playoff committee work like the selection committee does for March Madness and seed the top teams to get byes and who’s plays in the opening rounds.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would really be stunned if Georgia does not take this whole thing because they really do have a pretty good team from one to the other.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think the conference champs should have auto bids but that’s it. Let the playoff committee work like the selection committee does for March Madness and seed the top teams to get byes and who’s plays in the opening rounds.
Agree. I’d even say get rid of all auto bids. Conferences arent created equally, but I can live with that at least. Especially now that most conferences are doing away with divisions, so no more 8-4 teams getting to the ‘ship.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This game is proving you got to have a game changing qb that can make plays. Game managers won't do it. That or you got to have an all world defense like uga did last year

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
you really want a whiff of my *** don’t you
Hissy Fit Crying GIF by Nickelodeon

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yea, the amount of control colleges have over their schedule probably make guaranteeing certain seeds to conference winners different than seeding by division winners in professional sports. Not sure if it’s a problem or not. The desire to keep a shot at an at large bid may encourage them to schedule good OOC games, or they might decide to go all cupcake to avoid wear and tear that hurts them in conference games. The possibility (likelihood?) of the latter probably makes it a bad idea.

I’d like to see some official cross conference matchups, sort of like the cross conference challenge weekends like in basketball, where the results could be used to decode seeding between conference champs and at large invites. So some sort of rotation where prior years sec and acc champions square off, big 10 and pax 10 champs square off, big 12 and best Non P5 conference champ square off, and rotate which conferences face off as you go down the seeds. Probably be a scheduling nightmare for the schools, but would be an awesome week of football and generate a lot of cool matchups.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don't know how anyone could honestly conclude the big10 was overrated by looking at yesterday's games.

The 2 playoff games were tight as hell- it's not like one of the top 4 teams was skull drugged. Skull dragged?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't know how anyone could honestly conclude the big10 was overrated by looking at yesterday's games.

The 2 playoff games were tight as hell- it's not like one of the top 4 teams was skull drugged. Skull dragged?
Michigan got manhandled for the first half by a Big 12 team. That’s why I posted it. It’s not that difficult to comprehend.

Not to mention that Georgia didn’t play well, and tOSU played their best game of the season.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

I say skull-drug.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Both of the losers yesterday were very good teams. The scores show that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login