So Sean Payton is getting ready

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Where do you think he goes? Back to the Saints? Broncos? Cowboys? Colts? Mississippi State AD? JSU?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
If the Chargers job comes open - Herbert is the best QB to coach. Big new stadium. Sunny LA.

You’d have to go head to head with KC, but still..

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Where do you think he goes? Back to the Saints? Broncos? Cowboys? Colts? Mississippi State AD? JSU?

These are just guesses by me
Denver
Indy
Houston
Vegas
Dallas

one other one to consider is Seattle. I wonder how much longer Pete Carroll will coach. I think he’s in his 70s.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
If the cowboys get knocked out first round Jerry opens the check book. Don’t think it’s the colts to much of a rebuild, possibly Denver with Walmart money. Don’t believe he goes back to the saints would like a fresh start someplace else. Others in the running, Carolina, rams if Mcvay retires.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
If the cowboys get knocked out first round Jerry opens the check book. Don’t think it’s the colts to much of a rebuild, possibly Denver with Walmart money. Don’t believe he goes back to the saints would like a fresh start someplace else. Others in the running, Carolina, rams if Mcvay retires.
McVay retires? He’s 36

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Don't know why my previous response posted but anyway what I was trying to say is I don't think Kingsbury would take that kind of a pay cut to be an OC at MSU. Plus, I would think it would be a short tenure if he even came to MSU. He would either go back to the NFL or take a head coaching gig at another school.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Don't know why my previous response posted but anyway what I was trying to say is I don't think Kingsbury would take that kind of a pay cut to be an OC at MSU. Plus, I would think it would be a short tenure if he even came to MSU. He would either go back to the NFL or take a head coaching gig at another school.
Probably better than 50/50 he gets fired

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
These are just guesses by me
Denver
Indy
Houston
Vegas
Dallas

one other one to consider is Seattle. I wonder how much longer Pete Carroll will coach. I think he’s in his 70s.
He is too smart and well established to come to Houston. The Texans need new leadership. The current owner is a hot mess.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
He's going to want a pretty good QB to already be in place. Chargers make a lot of sense. Maybe Dallas if the crap their pants as they've done post 90s. He won't go to a team that can't immediately compete.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think the obvious answer is the Cowboys. I could also see the Chargers.

Guess it depends on who he likes best out of Dak and Herbert.

I still can't get used to the idea of the damned LOS ANGELES Chargers.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Broncos are an obvious choice as a team that is 100% firing its coach anyways. I don’t know that either San Diego or Dallas is going to shitcan their coach AND give up at least a 2nd or 3rd round pick at worst for Payton right after already making the playoffs with their current regimes (and in Dallas’ case - back to back playoff appearances). And the Broncos really need a QB whisperer badly, as they have no choice but to make it work with Wilson, or else they are throwing the next 4 seasons in the toilet.

Last edited:

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007

Denver - they will spend the money, but is he interested?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login