So Sick of This

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
We are the most consistent team in the SEC. Consistently close or in lead only to fold neatly like a washcloth in the final minutes.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Howland truly doesn’t deserved to be dignified with a retirement.

We are the most consistent team in the SEC. Consistently close or in lead only to fold neatly like a washcloth in the final minutes.

He deserves to be fired.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That's really good you to put all the blame on him and none on these players who can't even make a layup.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Exactly! Everybody wants to scream about the coach while the players aren't doing very well themselves either they play the same scenario every game.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
So, our players collectively fold late consistently..:

That's really good you to put all the blame on him and none on these players who can't even make a layup.

….and that isn’t on the coach?

GTFO with that ********.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
Really??!!! Who the hell is Cam Carter? Guy hasn’t played all year and puts up 15 tonight! We haven’t been able to score all year and he’s sitting on the bench. Screw me sideways Howland!

We have a guy who has never played put up 15 and they gave us 4 points. 19 points we weren’t expecting and we STILL can’t win!

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016

Except Howland has been the coach for 7 years and we have watched his teams collapse in must win games time and time again. The players change but the coach has been the constant factor

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
….and that isn’t on the coach?

GTFO with that ********.

How stupid of me only our coaches are at fault when we lose I understand it now thanks for helping me out.

I need to send an email to Howland to not go on another six minute scoring drought when we're running the same damn plays we have the entire game.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I only have one question what is it that he changes when it's five or six minutes left in the game about our offense that is making us not score? You're telling me it has nothing to do with our ****** shooting.

Howland is a big part of the problem but it's not all him by a long shot.

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’ve watched college basketball for many years../

How stupid of me only our coaches are at fault when we lose I understand it now thanks for helping me out.

I need to send an email to Howell and to not go on another six minute scoring drought when we're running the same damn place we have the entire game.

….and I’ve never seen anything like our losses this year. The only thing close was one season, probably 1997 or 1998, where we were close in a ton of games and lost almost all of them.

The difference is that we weren’t blowing leads like we are this season. We were just fighting to hang in there and couldn’t make it happen.

I don’t give enough of a **** about current day State basketball to argue with you, but you don’t seem to have paid attention to this basketball season.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Who recruited and coaches those players? Of course they’re at fault too. But that doesn’t excuse Howland. This team is the same team we’ve seen for 7 years. The names & the faces change. But it’s the same old team.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Now you’re just making **** up…

I only have one question what is it that he changes when it's five or six minutes left in the game about our offense that is making us not score? You're telling me it has nothing to do with our ****** shooting.

I never said it was “all Howland”. But, he’s the head coach, he’s had the better part of a decade to do SOMETHING (he hasn’t) and his team is imploding week to week. That’s not “graceful retirement” worthy.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

He recruited everyone of these players to run his system. We don’t move enough to do it correctly…Also, we only defend in spurts. Brooks and Jefferies have been HUGE busts.

You could read the tea leaves on Jeff…..Brooks is the one who has disappointed me the most. Incredible frame with zero fire in the belly..

Again, we play lazy, too cool for school, soft

It all trickles down from the coach. He has zero sense of urgency. He may not make the season

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
….and I’ve never seen anything like our losses this year. The only thing close was one season, probably 1997 or 1998, where we were close in a ton of games and lost almost all of them.

The difference is that we weren’t blowing leads like we are this season. We were just fighting to hang in there and couldn’t make it happen.

I don’t give enough of a **** about current day State basketball to argue with you, but you don’t seem to have paid attention to this basketball season.

I've been watching for a long time myself and I can't figure it out either except that I believe it's got to be a combination of our coaching and our players performance because sooner or later if it's just one or the other you're gonna luck up and win a game here or there.

Let me put it this way how many players do you we have that have impressed you enough that you would take them to start a new team? The only guy that we have that will step up is Molinar and all they have to do is collapse two or three guys on him every game down the stretch when we are struggling and we always struggle down the stretch because nobody else on this team is good enough to take it upon themselves to make a play or plays to help us win.

Yes I agree that something different needs to be done and it should come from our head coach but I haven't seen any leadership out of anyone on this team to take charge on the court itself. I don't want to fight either but just say and get rid of one guy is gonna fix the problem is not really a good solution by itself either

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He recruited everyone of these players to run his system. We don’t move enough to do it correctly…Also, we only defend in spurts. Brooks and Jefferies have been HUGE busts.

You could read the tea leaves on Jeff…..Brooks is the one who has disappointed me the most. Incredible frame with zero fire in the belly..

Again, we play lazy, too cool for school, soft

It all trickles down from the coach. He has zero sense of urgency. He may not make the season

This is a good take. All I'm saying is I keep seeing these posts that say Howland, Howland, Howland, Howland... and never said anything about our players who are soft, slow and can't make a layup. We need to clean house from top to bottom that's all I'm saying not just get rid of one guy.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’d take my 8th grade son over pretty much anybody on our team..:

I've been watching for a long time myself and I can't figure it out either except that I believe it's got to be a combination of our coaching and our players performance because sooner or later if it's just one or the other you're gonna luck up and win a game here or there.

Let me put it this way how many players do you we have that have impressed you enough that you would take them to start a new team? The only guy that we have that will step up is Molinar and all they have to do is collapse two or three guys on him every game down the stretch when we are struggling and we always struggle down the stretch because nobody else on this team is good enough to take it upon themselves to make a play or plays to help us win.

Yes I agree that something different needs to be done and it should come from our head coach but I haven't seen any leadership out of anyone on this team to take charge on the court itself. I don't want to fight either but just say and get rid of one guy is gonna fix the problem is not really a good solution by itself either

I’ll never argue that we have great talent. Molinar is good, and others aren’t awful, but ad a collection they just can’t seal the deal.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Howland is gone after the season. Stop worrying about it. Business picks up with the new coach.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008

you must not have ever witnessed a basketball team that was really well coached.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
I quit watching this season at the start of the 2nd half of the 2nd Arkansas game. But I've seen enough in almost 7 years to know that this **** just ain't working. I'm tending to lay more of a blame on the coaches, because the same thing keeps happening with different players. The half court sets are just awful, almost at a junior high level. The university has paid Howland 14 million dollars for zero NCAA wins. That being said, I'm still on the fence regarding Howland. He seems to bring in decent talent and who knows who'd we'd end up with if Cohen fires him. But if I'm Cohen and I plan to keep him one more year, I'd tell Howland to can his ****** staff. We'll have decent talent coming back next year. I'd like to see this group get coached up and see what they produce.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
If it happens one or two games then yeah just blame the players. When it literally happens in 8 of our 11 losses with this same script where we fold at the end… that’s on coaching.

I need to send an email to Howland to not go on another six minute scoring drought when we're running the same damn plays we have the entire game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login