So the holding call, early 4th with state driving in uga territory down 10

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Daniels had just made another solid run, then Jackson (I think) gets flagged for the hold which effectively killed the drive.

Did this get pinned on the wrong guy or was it the refs saying "17 this, we're taking over...not gonna let uga 17 themselves out of a play-off spot"?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Here’s what made me so angry about it. As people have said a million times about every level of football, there’s offensive holding on every single play. To me, there are just two times that it should be called, however

1) When it’s egregious
2) When it significantly impacts the ball carrier’s ability to maneuver

What happened during this play yesterday was neither, and it was just piss poor officiating to throw that flag

patdog

May 28, 2007
It was a good call. Refs generally did a pretty good job all day. Couple of penalties kept our 1st scoring drive alive.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Daniels had just made another solid run, then Jackson (I think) gets flagged for the hold which effectively killed the drive.

Did this get pinned on the wrong guy or was it the refs saying "17 this, we're taking over...not gonna let uga 17 themselves out of a play-off spot"?
There was absolutely no hold by 75
Did someone else hold, I don’t know but who it was called on did not hold.

Reactions: RiverCityDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Matt Wyatt said it best. He's not seen that called hardly at all in that spot in his entire career as a player and radio analyst.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login