So the women’s primary motivator...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Seems to be getting beaten by a team they shouldn’t the previous game. They beat Tennessee after losing to Georgia and now they’re beating Alabama like a drum after losing to Missouri.

That’s going to be a tough strategy come tournament time.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Seems to be getting beaten by a team they shouldn’t the previous game. They beat Tennessee after losing to Georgia and now they’re beating Alabama like a drum after losing to Missouri.

That’s going to be a tough strategy come tournament time.

I wasn't happy after Missouri, but upon further reflection it's pretty damn hard to beat a team that hits 11-20 from three and a bunch of free throws at home.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I wasn't happy after Missouri, but upon further reflection it's pretty damn hard to beat a team that hits 11-20 from three and a bunch of free throws at home.
In all honesty, I was on a cruise last week and just checked the score in passing. I didn’t drill down into it. Mizzou just ‘felt’ like a bad loss, especially for a “last four in” team, but looking at the stats, that one terrible 2Q, and Carter being out, maybe it wasn’t as bad as I thought.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Yeah, Missouri was a game we needed to win to strengthen our resume, but it's a Q1 loss. We remain undefeated in Q2, Q3, and Q4.

If we beat Arkansas, that should punch our ticket. Even if we lose, we're still more likely in than not, assuming we don't lose to a bad team in the SEC Tournament, although it could get dicey if there are a lot of upsets in the tournaments.

Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yeah, Missouri was a game we needed to win to strengthen our resume, but it's a Q1 loss. We remain undefeated in Q2, Q3, and Q4.

If we beat Arkansas, that should punch our ticket. Even if we lose, we're still more likely in than not, assuming we don't lose to a bad team in the SEC Tournament, although it could get dicey if there are a lot of upsets in the tournaments.

Agree, and Mizzou probably won't make the tourney, but they're among the First 8 or so out, so there's nothing bad about that road loss except the losing part.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login